The Importance Of Having A Revolver

This is a discussion on The Importance Of Having A Revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wjh2657 Revolvers? Yeah I got a couple of them around. Attachment 68006 Me too...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Importance Of Having A Revolver

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Revolvers? Yeah I got a couple of them around.

Attachment 68006

Me too

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Me too

Wow! That is quite the collection.

Revolvers are a must-have in any gun collection. I have a little s&w 442 in my small, but growing collection.
    Snub44 likes this.

Are all those 2 1/2-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame Magnums of some description or the other, 1 old 3011?

I started out one day to make one of those handgun "wheel" displays that used to be so popular over on Smith & Wesson forum, featuring only the .38 Special revolvers kept around here but couldn't really get the lighting right so ended up with a pile. There are "20-something" .38 Special Colt and Smith & Wesson revolvers in the pile, representing every decade of the 20th century. No revolvers were harmed in creating the pile.

Snub44, BamaT and Rock and Glock like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

MEH, those are baby revolvers :) Where are the 6 & 8" ones.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Hey, there are a few 4-inchers in 1 ol' 3011's hoard and maybe even a 3-inch Model 66, but can't tell for certain about that. Besides, when touching off full powered .357 Magnum ammunition, even the 2 1/2-inch Model 19 or Model 66 delivers an ample amount of "swat" downrange on target. And, being K-Frame Magnums, they hold six rounds rather than the five rounds that these newer runt .357 Magnum revolvers hold.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

...oughta be a rule against posting pictures like that...
    ...without including physical address and time of next Dr's. appointment of poster...
    nontechguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...oughta be a rule against posting pictures like that...
    ...without including physical address and time of next Dr's. appointment of poster...
    And, of course, the combination to the safe.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

..oughta be a rule against posting pictures like that...

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    And, of course, the combination to the safe.
    OOOooo... I don't know.

Might be best to not go pokin' around into things that you've got no business pokin' around in.

I just picked up my FIRST revolver ever in over 11 years of owning firearms. Got a 4" S&W Model 28 from Gunbroker for a decent price yesterday. I'll post pics when it's in house.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    I just picked up my FIRST revolver ever in over 11 years of owning firearms. Got a 4" S&W Model 28 from Gunbroker for a decent price yesterday. I'll post pics when it's in house.
    Actually, rather than small .357 Magnum revolvers that is the way to do .357 Magnum.

Wheelies,,,,, Love the wheelies,,,,, not matter how you state it
    Facts are facts, some wheelies HAVE FAILED TO FIRE,,,,,, but NO WHERE
    NEAR AS MANY AS SEMI. I know THE TRUTH HURTS,,,,, but GET OVER IT.
    PS I love em BOTH.

After seeing the amount of guns some of you have, I can see I really dont have a problem and am normal. Now to convince the spouse....
    Eric357 likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Actually, rather than small .357 Magnum revolvers that is the way to do .357 Magnum.
    Yeah, I shot a pocket S&W .38 at the range one day when I was there with my son. Another gent was shooting it, I asked him what it was (darned if I can remember the model now, but it was really light!, had a groove for a rear sight, never shot a gun with one of those before), next thing you know I was shooting the thing. Even shooting .38 spl rounds out of that little gun, the recoil was unexpected. I hit had five center of mass hits slow fire at about 7-8 yards but it sure was interesting. I don't think I'd want to shoot something like that all day. Not a range gun. I wouldn't even think about shooting .357 mag rounds in one of these lightweight revolvers out right now. That's for the masochists out there.

I've always liked FS handguns. I just sold a M&P 9c because I couldn't shoot it as well as my FS M&P 40. Back when I had some 1911's, doh why did I ever sell them, I had all government models except one that was a commander size. All were steel or SS frames. Just don't like these tiny guns. OK, nuff said.
    NRA Life Member

The Importance Of Having A Revolver

I have an LCR with the XS tritium front sight that I recently bought as a bedside/truck/quick errand gun when my XD-9 isn't completely warranted and it is a fabulous gun. I also have a 2" S&W model 64 that is more of a Sunday gun/safe queen just due to its age and sentimental value. These two guns will never replace my XD-9 but they both have a permanent spot in my CC rotation.
    Picture shows (l-r): LCR, model 64, and a friends colt detective special.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Ok between Buckeyes picture and bmcgilvary picture, I have either died and entered the pearly gates of revolver heaven. Or I have died and gone to the other place, because I know I will never have such a collection of fine revolvers.Thats just serious torment there. Guys those are great looking guns. WOW is all I can say.
    Last edited by Eric357; February 16th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Links