Defensive Carry banner

Made a Decision - Colt Commando Special

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Old School 
#1 ·
I posted the other day about deciding between the SP101 and the Colt Commando Special, both in .38 sp. Well, I decided on the Colt for several reasons: smaller, lighter, 6 rounds, and I figure it won't go down in value. It also has the hammer bobbed already which I would have probably done with the Ruger. After comparing the two for front pocket carry, the Ruger was a little on the hefty side - I could have dealt with it but I'm happy with the Colt. It also has an amazing trigger. Now I have decide on grips (Hogue, I'm thinking) and pocket carry as well as SOB holsters.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Airsoft
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Airsoft

See less See more
#7 ·
OD* makes a thoughtful suggestion here. The tacky, grabby stocks may work fine for you but you might experiment with them in a pocket if you consider carrying in that fashion. The last few Smith & Wesson revolvers I've purchased came with rubber grips. I love pocket carry, frequently without any holster at all, and the rubber grips clung to fabric too much to suit me.

Some custom wood boot grips or else older style factory panels with a Tyler T-Grip can offer an alternative if needed.

#4 ·
Can't go too far wrong with either, but your thinking process came up with some good reasons for your choice. Enjoy!

#5 ·
Good choice and sound reasoning. Since they aren't making the Colt any more it was better to get that now since it was available. It will feel better in pocket than the Ruger and the trigger on those DS models is always nice. Down the road, if you ever want a Ruger, you'll have no trouble locating dozens of them. By that time, the Colt might be worth more than you just paid for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.