Lcp laser?

Lcp laser?

This is a discussion on Lcp laser? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't want to spend too much for my new LCP, so I got one without the CT Laser. Now I see where I can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lcp laser?

Lcp laser?

I didn't want to spend too much for my new LCP, so I got one without the CT Laser. Now I see where I can get one online ( Bud's) for $ 160 and wondering if it is worth whatever it might add to the effectiveness of the LCP. I'd like to hear from LCP laser owners with the pros-- and cons-- of adding the laser. The price seems much lower than I've seen it before, but input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I'm a huge fan of lasers in general. They should not replace training with iron sights, but it's a great tool to have in your toolbox. I have them on several of my carry guns (Kahr PM9, P380, LCP, S&W 638). Here's a really good read on the benefits of lasers.
    Cornered Cat - The Case for Lasers

As for the price, CT is running a $50 rebate until June 30th, 2011 if you need another incentive.
    Rebate Central

I have a CT on my LCP, I am very pleased with the setup.
    CT has a $50 rebate on there lasers for a short time, now would be the time to buy.

I have a Kahr PM9, a Glock 27, and a SW 642 all with CT lasers. I find that they are visible in anything but bright outdoor daylight conditions. Last night, I had the 642 at an outdoor range at twilight. With a little smoke and dust in the air, it was a solid thread of light connecting my gun to the target. In regular low light conditions they are pretty bright. I like the CT 'instinctive activation' system where the on button is right where you grab, based on the idea that I might be having a hard time figuring things out/ making a plan if I actually had to use it.

Actually, though, my primary rationale for having that much $ invested in lasers, is that it might save someone else's life. Because the deterrence/intimidation factor might get through to someone who is otherwise too stupid and/or drugged up to know better.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

I bought a CT laser for my wife's LCP and think it is def. worth it. She is quicker on target and more accurate with it and that is the name of the game if it ever needs to be put to use!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Tokerblue--- I'll check out those sites. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

What everyone else said!

I ran through a low light pistol class with my little LCP with CT laser. I was the only student who didn't miss the target - not once - for the entire class. Coincidence? Not.

PS - I buy mine at Shooters Resource. You get a coupon for free batteries for life. The laser for the LCP was $159. With the rebate, you net out at $110 - very reasonable.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Thanks for that, 10thmtn--- I will definitely check that out!

My wife has a LCR with the ct only way to go you will not regret it.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Thanks for all the input. I have already contacted Shooters Resource and will soon have the laser! Thanks again.

I shoot my LCP very very well without a laser...but it is not about me.... it is about what works best for you & each individual...in fact i may get a laser for my LCP in the future ( if i have some extra mula)....because it is all about being as proficient as we can be when the SHTF !!!!

The laser for my LCP came last night and I love the way it works with out effort. I had a bodyguard 380 and the gun was great but the laser was hard to work and you had to make a real effort to turn it on. It would not be useful in a shtf situation I traded it off because of the laser.

I have lasers on all of my small guns. Great for low light target acquisition.
    gbball: The CT on the LCP is great and there are a number of holsters out there, too.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Have a CT for my LCP, and honestly I shoot better when I simply aim instead of trying to hit the laser dot. The dot is sighted in just fine, I went over it several times with my gunsmith. The laser helps getting you on target fast, there's simply no doubt you'll hit what you're aiming at with a laser (at least if you're a reasonably good shooter). Depending on the situation, someone will think twice if they see the red dot on them regardless of the size of the gun. The LCP is a good shooting pistol, though, for the record.

I expect the laser to be a shooting aid, and to provide another level of intimidation if needed.
    Nothing unreal exists

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    You may notice a deformed or out of focus dot after shooting a lot. If so, simply clean the lense with the provided swabs. This spooked me at first until I though about it for a 1/2 day. Sometimes the most obvious things just fall right through the cracks....
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links