Ruger LC9 Modifications

Ruger LC9 Modifications

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 Modifications within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I modified the loaded chamber indicator and I removed the magazine disconnect. Removing the mag disconnect made the trigger feel much better, I guess that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9 Modifications

Ruger LC9 Modifications

I modified the loaded chamber indicator and I removed the magazine disconnect.

Removing the mag disconnect made the trigger feel much better, I guess that has to do with the piece of metal hanging on the trigger, and as you can see you can visualize the round in the chamber regardless of the indicator.

I have posted the how to's elsewhere on this site, here is a visual so you can see how it functions now: YouTube - Ruger LC9 Modifications

I know some of you are going to post how modifying your weapon could cause you to get in trouble with the courts etc if you are in a self defense situation. I am not concerned with it. I removed the magazine disconnect on my BHP many years ago and that is the first weapon I used in a self defense situation in Florida, even before I became a government slave. The individual was DOA to the hospital and I had zero issues, I was not charged, and I did not even see a courthouse because my situation was justified. It was actually a very comfortable LE and DA/CA experience considering the uncomfortableness and stress of the situation. So I am not concerned with that, but thank you for the reminder. I will note it.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Where did you post the how-tos?

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal

Ruger LC9: Disabling the loaded chamber indicator

Been getting a lot of hate on youtube for taking out the magazine disconnect, guess none of these people ever owned a Browning Hi Power before

One idiot even told me I got rule #1 wrong and quoted the USMC firearm safety rules, not knowing who Col. Jeff Cooper is.... lol

For the trifecta...did you post removing the thumb safety? (I haven't watched the vid yet)

One more suggestion - call Ruger and see if they will make a version with these mods from the factory. If there is enough interest, they'll probably do it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I have made changes to and have had smiths make changes to my firearms over the years. Some people have to find fault with everything or anything they can. Chances are the loudest ones have the least understanding of the mechanics. Ruger puts a lot of safety devices on their pistols and they do it for a reason. Not everyone that buys one feels they need them. My Harley has a few mods. the company doesn't like either.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

We have had several LC9s come in to the store and it seems as if there are 2 different yet identical versions. I have seen about 50% of the ones come in with a mag disconect and the other 50% with out one. Seems kinda odd if you ask me that it is the same item right down to the UPC and yet they function differently in that regaurd.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Ruger is just another company doing business in the U.S.A. where everyone and their brother wants to sue at the drop of a hat. So they have lawyered up on their products.
    helderberg and NIS350ZTT like this.
    MikeSh., a Master Mason and a Bitter Clinger.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk316 View Post
    We have had several LC9s come in to the store and it seems as if there are 2 different yet identical versions. I have seen about 50% of the ones come in with a mag disconect and the other 50% with out one. Seems kinda odd if you ask me that it is the same item right down to the UPC and yet they function differently in that regaurd.
    I'd call Ruger on that - sounds like some of the guns in stock at your store are defective. If they have the same item # they should all function the same. Weird...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    For the trifecta...did you post removing the thumb safety? (I haven't watched the vid yet)

One more suggestion - call Ruger and see if they will make a version with these mods from the factory. If there is enough interest, they'll probably do it.
    How about go for the home run and do a trigger mod?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I made the glock mod. I sold the lc9 and got a g26.
    CVarner likes this.

Already have a G26 but I like the LC9 too. :)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you modify a firearm and have a ND (or AD, whatever), then you may have legal and civil issues. If you pull a modified firearm with the intent to use it to stop a BG, what possible reprecussions could there possibly be? You intended to shoot him--modified gun or not--it's self defense! I believe in most states use of a firearm is deadly force--period, not just use of a modified (or unmodified) firearm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

10thmtn question

Sir,
    This question is for 10thmtn screen name; I noticed you were in Somalia. Did you happened to know a Creech. He was stationed at Ft. Drum with 2-14 INF in the early 90s? He went to Somalia in 93. If so, I'm his son.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    The loaded chamber was done to meet California standards to sell there....I personally like it...don't know enough about the mag change but will have to look into that.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links