question about Kimber UCII and UCDPII

This is a discussion on question about Kimber UCII and UCDPII within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a Kimber UCII with the CT lasergrips on it. I am considering getting an Ultra CDP II... does anyone know if the ...

Thread: question about Kimber UCII and UCDPII

I currently have a Kimber UCII with the CT lasergrips on it. I am considering getting an Ultra CDP II... does anyone know if the CT lasergrips that are currently on my UCII will fit the UCDPII? The grips "look" the same, but am wondering if anyone knows if there is some subtle difference that will prevent me from using my existing grips. Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I would say that you are safe--as long as you do NOT buy the Ultra + CDP. All of Kimber's Ultra models, IIRC, are built on the Officers' Frame concept, while the Ultra+ CDP, uses the grip size of the Commander frame with the 3" barrell. So, you should be OK.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Does the CDP have the ambi safety? while the Ultra carry does not? Just make sure there is no interference there. You could always give a quick call to CT.
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    if itdoes have the ambi safety, a $35 trip to the local gunsmith will get it bobbed and still useable........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it! Looks like they will fit on the CDP, but like you guys expected, the ambi-safety is causing a little interference. Easily fixed. Thanks again!

Links