Defensive Carry banner

question about Kimber UCII and UCDPII

877 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eichhoma 
#1 ·
I currently have a Kimber UCII with the CT lasergrips on it. I am considering getting an Ultra CDP II... does anyone know if the CT lasergrips that are currently on my UCII will fit the UCDPII? The grips "look" the same, but am wondering if anyone knows if there is some subtle difference that will prevent me from using my existing grips. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I would say that you are safe--as long as you do NOT buy the Ultra + CDP. All of Kimber's Ultra models, IIRC, are built on the Officers' Frame concept, while the Ultra+ CDP, uses the grip size of the Commander frame with the 3" barrell. So, you should be OK.

#3 ·
Does the CDP have the ambi safety? while the Ultra carry does not? Just make sure there is no interference there. You could always give a quick call to CT.

#4 ·
if itdoes have the ambi safety, a $35 trip to the local gunsmith will get it bobbed and still useable........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.