CRAP...Why didnt I wait for Buds?

This is a discussion on CRAP...Why didnt I wait for Buds? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I HAD to have a Gen 4 Glock 22. I checked Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop but they had none in stock. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRAP...Why didnt I wait for Buds?

CRAP...Why didnt I wait for Buds?

I HAD to have a Gen 4 Glock 22. I checked Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop but they had none in stock. I went by my local gun shop last Tuesday and he had one. I grabbed it up to fondle it and could not turn it loose. I shelled out $549.00+ tax for a total of $593.00. Well...just got a e-mail today from Buds. The Gen 4 G22 is in stock. Shipped to your ffl for $499.00. transfer fee is $15. Oh well... I guess I supported my local economy. If your looking for a gun check Buds first. Hard to beat their prices.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

you paid a little more but got something you wanted,wouldn't worry about it..enjoy it and congrats on the new Glock 22

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    ouch, bit of a price difference, I would have waited too had I known
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well, as they say, "live and learn". Buds will almost always be cheaper (even w/transfer) than any local gun shop. I put in a request to be notified when they got Marlin 1894C's in stock. Waited almost a complete year before I got the email.

I can appreciate the "buy local" thing and I do have one shop I use. He's always higher and the tax gets you but there's a limite to how much more I'll pay and in my area gun shops don't have the best inventory.

I've only bought the one gun from Bud's but I bought a used pre-lock 640 from Robert's trading Post in TN and both buys went fine.

Anyway, it is what it is so I would put it out of your mind and simply enjoy the gun. The only other option you have is to take the buds listing to the dealer you bought from and ask if he can close up that gap just a little. Don't be surprised or bitter if he won't but then again he might try to do a little to help you out because that's a big difference.

God Bless
    Gideon

I've bought several guns from Buds and a few off Gunbroker when the prices were great
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

$15 transfer fee?? You lucky dog! FFL fees START at $30 locally, and one guy charges $100 if it's a new gun! He also charges as much as the highest priced store in the area, so needless to say, I don't shop there anymore.

I wouldn't dwell on it very much either. I've been dealing with the same LGS for thirty years though. I don't mind paying a little more for something, because I know I am going to get personal service and my questions answered. That said, I did recently purchase my AR from Bud's, but that is because the LGS did not have what I wanted in stock. I went to the LGS for my optics and appreciated him mounting everything, bore sighting and giving me the rundown on how everything works. You can't get that from an online store. His prices aren't that far off from online stores anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Well, as they say, "live and learn". Buds will almost always be cheaper (even w/transfer) than any local gun shop. I put in a request to be notified when they got Marlin 1894C's in stock. Waited almost a complete year before I got the email.

I can appreciate the "buy local" thing and I do have one shop I use. He's always higher and the tax gets you but there's a limite to how much more I'll pay and in my area gun shops don't have the best inventory.

I've only bought the one gun from Bud's but I bought a used pre-lock 640 from Robert's trading Post in TN and both buys went fine.

Anyway, it is what it is so I would put it out of your mind and simply enjoy the gun. The only other option you have is to take the buds listing to the dealer you bought from and ask if he can close up that gap just a little. Don't be surprised or bitter if he won't but then again he might try to do a little to help you out because that's a big difference.

God Bless
    Gideon
    I doubt my LGS will be bridge the price difference. The day I bought he seemed like he wished I would hurry and get out so he could eat lunch. Wasnt very helpful at all. I asked if I could hold a G23 also he had locked in the display case. He said "no need, it feels the same as the 22." I also asked if there were any re-coil spring issues with the G22s. His reply, "no issues at all with the 22s, just the 9mm." Well the 22 I bought had the early model spring and was getting stuck in the slide re-cess. Called Glock to get a new one. I cant believe my dealer didnt know this because he his a BIG Glock dealer. Anyway I love Buds more everyday.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Sometimes, if you have to have it "right now", you pay more for it. Either way, you got what you wanted.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My dear 'ol Dad used to say: " Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see!" I've found it to be good advice-- over the years-- from someone who quit school in Jr. High to go to work with cars around the Great Depression.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I bought a TCP738 from Buds. Great price and service! I will definitely be buying more there. I saved over $100! My local transfer cost me $25. Net savings of $75. I love getting what I want and saving money too!
    Question Everything!

$50 bucks? It's not the end of the world.
    You got to have it right away, as you stated, and you supported
    a local business.
    (I won't mention you paid sales tax too.)

First, $549 is NOT a bad price for a G4 G22. But are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? The G4 G22 that I currently see on Buds goes for the same price that you paid, $549. Also, if you paid with a CC, I bet the dealer didn't charge you the 3% surcharge that Buds would have. Not to mention the transfer fee which has already been pointed out.

I gladly pay a small difference to my local dealer because he's a great no BS type of guy and I enjoy spending time in this shop.

However, I also do my share of buying over Davidsons.

I don't want to start a Buds bash here, but there are several reasons from past experience that I would not buy from Buds, even if they did have the lowest price.

Enjoy your gun. Shoot safely.
    Last edited by p3at; April 24th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p3at View Post
    First, $549 is NOT a bad price for a G4 G22. But are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? The G4 G22 that I currently see on Buds goes for the same price that you paid, $549. Also, if you paid with a CC, I bet the dealer didn't charge you the 3% surcharge that Buds would have. Not to mention the transfer fee which has already been pointed out.

I gladly pay a small difference to my local dealer because he's a great no BS type of guy and I enjoy spending time in this shop.

However, I also do my share of buying over Davidsons.

I don't want to start a Buds bash here, but there are several reasons from past experience that I would not buy from Buds, even if they did have the lowest price.

Enjoy your gun. Shoot safely.
    The e-mail price quote I got from Buds was $499.99 for a Gen4 G22. I will by locally and pay extra for good service, but the service in this shop was awful. (See post above.)
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by p3at View Post
    I don't want to start a Buds bash here, but there are several reasons from past experience that I would not buy from Buds, even if they did have the lowest price. .
    Bud's is great if:
    1. They have what you want
    2. You know what you want.
    3. You don't need to ask a question. (they have no answers, only salesmen)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links