Defensive Carry banner

Just purchased my first Glock!

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  1959 
#1 ·
So, I had put down some money on a layaway a little while ago, and tonight I paid it off and took it home!

I was a little bit concerned about concealability, but it disappears under just a T-shirt for me.

Pretty excited :)

It was used, but it shoots and feels basically brand new - it clearly hasn't been shot much at all.

It's a Glock 22 by the way.

#3 ·
Probably inside the waistband.

The P228 fits in there no problem, so the G22, which is a little narrower, should be no problem.

The grip length was what had me concerned, but with a slight cant, it's no harder than my P228 (which has a shorter grip length).

#4 ·
Congrats! I can conceal a G17 (same size as your 22) with no problem. It rides in a Milt Sparks SS II.

#11 ·
Congrats on your first Glock, I'll bet it will not be your last.

The weapon in the lower right of the photo is my first Glock a G-19 bought in 1994. Then came the G-23 upper right then the G-36 lower left and now my duty G-21 upper left which I will officially own upon my retirement next month.

Reliable, economical, easy to work on and more accurate than I can shoot. What's not to like in a Glock (as long as it fits your hand and it does mine).

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

Click to enlarge

#12 ·
Congrats on your first Glock, I'll bet it will not be your last.

The weapon in the lower right of the photo is my first Glock a G-19 bought in 1994. Then came the G-23 upper right then the G-36 lower left and now my duty G-21 upper left which I will officially own upon my retirement next month.

Reliable, economical, easy to work on and more accurate than I can shoot. What's not to like in a Glock (as long as it fits your hand and it does mine).

View attachment 24608

Click to enlarge
Awe.... makes you want to go out and shoot your Glock doesn't it?

Congrats on the new family member.

#13 ·
Yes, it's common for the mags to rattle, but if anyone's close enough with their ear to your waist to hear it, go ahead and draw.

P.S. Mine quit rattling when I stopped shaking it. Amazing, huh?

Reactions: GlockJS
#19 ·
When I carry my G-19 or G-23 IWB in a High Noon Public Secret with no cant I carry around 2 O'clock but when I carry my G-21 I carry more to the centerline of my body around 1 O'clock because of the longer grip and yes because of the longer slide. When I sit down I cant the holster more towards the centerline where it rides in the crease of my right leg.

Belt Handgun holster Jeans Buckle Waist

G-23 and High Noon Public Secret in black

Tan Leather Handgun holster Everyday carry Electronic device

Public Secret in natural

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.