Range Report: Taurus TCP .380 - Page 2

Range Report: Taurus TCP .380

This is a discussion on Range Report: Taurus TCP .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mascariot Finally someone who is not a Kel-Tec or Glock snob..... I just came from a Bersa site and I was shocked ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Range Report: Taurus TCP .380

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    Finally someone who is not a Kel-Tec or Glock snob.....
    I just came from a Bersa site and I was shocked to learn there were Bersa snobs coming down hard on Taurus. I have a Bersa and I have a 24/7 ProC 45. I like them both and I never had any issues with either.

I honestly think gun snobs suck the big one.

Sorry about the rant. I was just a little shock to learn that people I've known for years were no better than the many gun snobs I run into on the other sites I frequent.

-

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I dont discriminate, I love all firearms!

Any comparison to an LCP trigger? I had one and HATED the trigger pull on it.

Chevy verse Ford, their not snobs, they just like their brand because that's what they got at the moment.

What I consider a snob is a rich person who looks down on us working class like their something special.
    Cook74 and Philly Boy like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Just got one myself and it's much more comfortable and lighter to carry than even my 642. Haven't actually tried it out yet though which is why I'm still carrying the 642 on vacation this week. I've come to realize that I really love these pocket 380's and not being in law enforcement I think they will handle anything I come across.

Don't worry about all the haters. I've had my TCP for a while now and I absolutely love it. I carry it all the time with 100% confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    Just got one myself and it's much more comfortable and lighter to carry than even my 642. Haven't actually tried it out yet though which is why I'm still carrying the 642 on vacation this week. I've come to realize that I really love these pocket 380's and not being in law enforcement I think they will handle anything I come across.
    The first time I shot my TCP I wasnt expecting much due to the size, but I was amazed how accurate this little gun is.

Have you guys shot the P380? It sounds like the TCP is similar in size, accuracy, and a few other things.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

I have shot the P380, It was a friends gun, It's a great gun! We did have a couple FTE's with it at first not sure if it was because it was a new gun or the ammo, but it smoothed out and ran great!
    As for size, they are just about the same? (the Kahr may be slightly bigger). It is by far the better gun and cost also reflects that too over the taurus

I just looked and the TCP is a 1/4 inch longer, so about the same size. What did you like better? The trigger?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

I only shot the Kahr the one day before I got my TCP, so from a comparsion standpoint I believe the P380 had a nicer trigger pull. (Very Smooth) They both had a long trigger pull. I'm not sure how Customer Service is with either companies, only from what I read. I will let you know how taurus is, because I sent an email off this weekend for my TCP. I was at the ranger today shooting my guns and when I shot the TCP it felt like something was pinching my finger.
    Well I had put a finger extension on and when I looked it was broke. (cheap ebay item) well I replaced with the stock butt plate and shot it again only to have it happen again. When I looked again I noticed the a gap 1/16 between the buttplate and the grip. Not a big deal but double checked with my other mag and no gap at all. So I will see what or if taurus has to say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links