What's the scoop on Kahr CW45 s ?

This is a discussion on What's the scoop on Kahr CW45 s ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know the specs and all , just seeing them pop up recently NIB for < $400 and that sort of got me interested. Pretty ...

Thread: What's the scoop on Kahr CW45 s ?

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

I know the specs and all , just seeing them pop up recently NIB for < $400 and that
    sort of got me interested.

Pretty low price - just the market fluctuating or are they problematic compared
    to other Kahrs?

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Not sure but if the trigger feels anything like the one on my CW9, I will probably end up with one sooner or later.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just got off my keister and had my first range trip today with my new CW45. One stovepipe on the fourth magazine out of 120 rounds, and it is a tackdriver. Very light, a really great compromise between weight and power. I highly recommend it.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Review on Gunblast

Here is a good comparative review of the CW45 vs. the more expensive Kahr P45 at Gunblast:

Gunblast review of CW45

And here is a photo of the two guns together from the review:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I know the specs and all , just seeing them pop up recently NIB for < $400 and that
    sort of got me interested.

Pretty low price - just the market fluctuating or are they problematic compared
    to other Kahrs?

I've had mine for about a year, and it's a GREAT CCW. Best bang for the buck out there, IMHO.

I'm afraid it's about to get bumped from my #1 spot, though - I'm a hardcore .45ACP fan, but I thought I'd like something a little smaller & lighter, and I found my CM9 this afternoon!

I paid about $450 for my CW45, and it is worth every penny. If I found them for <$400, I just might have to get another one! Can't go wrong with that!

Regards,
    Jim

Wow, less than $400 is a smokin' price.

I have had mine about a week and have put about 100 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of custom Nosler HP reloads. What I found was that the CW45 loves WWB (not 1 problem), but hates those short HP's (185 grain IIRC and she jammed about every 3-4 rounds with them).

I was hesitant about recoil at first, but after shooting realized that it was not what I thought it would be. Not snappy, but more of a nice solid push. I can handle that.

Unfortunately the grips are indeed cheese graders and will turn your hand into hamburger if you try any extended range sessions with it. I took the dremmel and some 600 grit sandpaper to mine and it feels 100% better, YMMV.

Also, I was having trouble with the trigger becoming a little mushy and slightly heavier after the 150 rounds. I took out the dremel once again with the buffing wheel and went to work. I polished every metal part that contacted another metal part. Ultimately, I think it was the firing pin channel that was kind of rough and after everything was polished up, the trigger pull was much smoother.

I have a CW9 & a CW 40. Ive been eyeballing the CW 45 for a while. Think I will have to get one soon from the sound of these reports. Especially if I can find one @ $400!
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

VIP Member
    Just ordered one from Bud's. $366., $0.00 shipping. I did pay the $4.00 for insurance. When I pay the transfer free it will still be under $400.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have been carrying a CW 45 for about five or six months, it is a great carry and the function has been flawless.

jyo
    I too found that the grip on my P45 was harsh on my hand and don't care for the slip-on grip covers as they add bulk I do not want---took a nail file to the checkered area especially on the lower rear of the grip---didn't really change the look of the grip, but improved it greatly---for casual shooting, I also wear my shooting glove that I usually keep for my .454 Casull---really takes the kick out!

I like the looks of the Kahr but I was a little disappointed in the PM45. I had several fail to feed when I would drop the slide on a full mag and when I did get the first round off the second round in the mag would not feed into the chamber. If I would leave one round out it would shoot just fine.
    Here is a picture of a PM45 compared to a NAA 380:

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Sponsored Links