Springfield Loaded n vs nm

Springfield Loaded n vs nm

This is a discussion on Springfield Loaded n vs nm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know anything about the difference between the two different models? From what I gather it is whether it is made in or out ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Array zeppelin03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    884

    Springfield Loaded n vs nm

    Does anyone know anything about the difference between the two different models? From what I gather it is whether it is made in or out of the country.

    Any major differences between them functionally?


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array WC145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    833
    All the frames are made in Brazil, IIRC the NM designates guns assembled in the US.

  3. #3
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    I think he's asking about two different models, the Loaded and the "NM" for National Match, which would be the SA Trophy Match.

    Which Loaded are we talking about? There's a whole lot of different models in the Loaded line, from Loaded "Combat" to Loaded "Target" Stainless or park'd?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array zeppelin03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    884
    I have a 5" parkerized. PX1909LP if I remember correct.

    WC145 was on track with what I was wonder. Sorry for not clarifying more.

    Some other sites were showing a strong preference to the ones with serial numbers beginning with NM, and the one i just bought begins with N. I'm wondering if there is actually much difference or are they just minor details.

    Perhaps something with barrels and bushings if i recall correctly.

  5. #5
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I have a 5" parkerized. PX1909LP if I remember correct.

    WC145 was on track with what I was wonder. Sorry for not clarifying more.

    Some other sites were showing a strong preference to the ones with serial numbers beginning with NM, and the one i just bought begins with N. I'm wondering if there is actually much difference or are they just minor details.

    Perhaps something with barrels and bushings if i recall correctly.
    My bad, I didn't catch the "N" in the title. Here's a thread on the matter over at M1911.org on the matter, there is a brief reference to NM guns having "match stainless" barrels, but it has not been confirmed.

  6. #6
    Member Array XDM40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    My bad, I didn't catch the "N" in the title. Here's a thread on the matter over at M1911.org on the matter, there is a brief reference to NM guns having "match stainless" barrels, but it has not been confirmed.
    All Loaded,RO,OPT,TRP and FBI,Rob laythem models are made in Ill. Mil-spec and WW are made in brazil.. Frames are made in brazil and shipped to Ill. then there Gunsmith build them.
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

  7. #7
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    All Loaded,RO,OPT,TRP and FBI,Rob laythem models are made in Ill. Mil-spec and WW are made in brazil.. Frames are made in brazil and shipped to Ill. then there Gunsmith build them.
    The Loaded can be either or with most being the "Made in Brazil" guns, even the examples on Springfield's website are "N" prefixed guns.

  8. #8
    Member Array XDM40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    296
    Maybe it was a Model pic ...IF it was made brazil it would say on fram,unless they made the fram and slide then finial finsh and fit in Ill....
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

  9. #9
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    Maybe it was a Model pic ...IF it was made brazil it would say on fram,unless they made the fram and slide then finial finsh and fit in Ill....
    It'll say Brazil etc. on the under side of the dust cover on those models, they changed the location on markings on the later Loadeds. Trying to find a pic now.

  10. #10
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    Ahhh, here we go.


  11. #11
    Member Array XDM40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    296
    Well learn something more about springfields 1911's... Question does that make the value of the "loaded" 1911 less if resold?
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

  12. #12
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    Well learn something more about springfields 1911's... Question does that make the value of the "loaded" 1911 less if resold?
    Not really, the Loaded is still one of the best values in 1911s and they re-sell well.

  13. #13
    Member Array XDM40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not really, the Loaded is still one of the best values in 1911s and they re-sell well.
    Well If you say so..:) Yes you might be right...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

n vs nm
,
nm springfield loaded
,

px1909lp

,

px1909lp parkerized

,

springfield 1911 loaded nm

,
springfield loaded n
,

springfield loaded nm

,
springfield loaded nm serial
,

springfield n vs nm

,

springfield nm serial number

,
springfield nm vs n
,

springfield px1909lp

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors