Bought a Gen3 Glock 26 - My 1st Glock!

This is a discussion on Bought a Gen3 Glock 26 - My 1st Glock! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MattInFla Congratulations on the new gun. I've got to ask, though - is carrying a gun you've never fired really a good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a Gen3 Glock 26 - My 1st Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Congratulations on the new gun. I've got to ask, though - is carrying a gun you've never fired really a good idea?

Matt
    Sure is.....if you're carrying two guns.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Congratulations on the new gun. I've got to ask, though - is carrying a gun you've never fired really a good idea?

Matt
    Good point, that will be fixed very soon. I'll stop by the range this week. I just wanted to make sure I could carry it confortably.

I shot a friend's G27 with no problems just last week, so I figure the G26 should be similar, or easier to handle.

Congrats on the new GLOCK, my EDC is a 19 but the wife does have a 26 that is also a blast to shoot.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I put 50 rounds through it this aftrnoon, and I was totally impressed. I absolutely love the gun. It is smooth, accurate, confortable to shoot, I don't know what else to say about it. I can't believe I waited that long to buy it!. Thanks to all of you and your recomendations. This has to be the perfect carry pistol (definitely for me at least).

I have a full size XDM by my nightstand as my go to gun at home, but now, honestly I believe I might go for the Glock 26 1st instead. If this kind of thinking continues, I might have to trade it in for another Glock. Do the larger ones shoot as well as the G26?

**I was never really worried about the G26 lack of range time before carrying, I am however worried about the LCP. I expect to have to do lot of training range time with it just to get used to it. I heard little .380's can be quite snappy.

The GLOCK 19 is an excellent pistol. The only others I've shot are the GLOCK 30 and I'm wanting one of those now...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Kudos to the G26. Mine shares carry time with my PM9, also a fine pistol, IMHO. I, too, have the LCP and it does take some serious range practice. Mine is relegated to those times when deep concealment is called for. Good luck and congrats!
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Congrats on your G26...I would recommend you take a hard look at the G19 as well...You may find that you relegate the G26 to your nightstand and/or BUG and EDC the G19...I know of what I speak as it happened to me!!!! Enjoy your Glock26.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Congrats on the new GLOCK!! I too have a Glock 26 and an LCP, sometimes for BUG and sometimes out of necessity I carry Elsie by herself. Both are great guns and extremely accurate!

I have a Crossbreed supertuck for the Glock, and I made a similar one for Elsie. Both are great for concealment, and I like having my EDC be in the same spot, just in case I ever need, one of them will always be at 4:00. Enjoy the range time, and what are you waiting for, get out there!!! lol

OoOps, I see you did go out :) should have read ALL the posts, lol. Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links