KAHR CM 9 Range Report/Pics

This is a discussion on KAHR CM 9 Range Report/Pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all , First post on this forum, but I am on lots of others so I may be repeating myself to some of you, ...

Thread: KAHR CM 9 Range Report/Pics

Hi all, First post on this forum, but I am on lots of others so I may be repeating myself to some of you, but I seen there is some interest here about the new Kahr CM9 and I thought I would give you a report and some pics of this great new gun from Kahr.
    I bought mine from Buds 3/28. The first day of it's release. I have a CW9 and love it, have had no problems with it at all, so I felt real comfortable ordering this new model sight unseen.
    It arrived at my local FFL a week later and after doing a clean up/lube and some slide racking to help loosen it up a little I took it to the range the next day. I was using Fed. FMJ ammo, at first I had a few mags full that would not hold the slide back on the last rd.(they are tight when new) but after the first few mags it started to loosen up and worked fine from then on. I had no failures with the 6 rd mag and put about 200 rds total of the Fed FMJ, My own FMJ and XTP hollow point reloads though it. Also tried a few Ranger 147 gr. HP's that work fine as well, I didn't have many factory HP's to try, but I have a since bought a bunch of 124gr+P Gold dots and next range trip they will be tested throughly in it as they are what I intend to carry in it.
    The gun is very accurate. Do not worry about not having the polygonal rifled barrel as this gun is very capable of chewing the center out of a target. I installed my CTC laser from my CW9 and using a rested hold @ 21' did just that, had a goup of 35 rds in about 1.5". The trigger is fantastic and if you ever tried any other Kahr you know what I am saying is true. To me it is about the best DAO trigger available and makes shooting this small powerful gun much easier.
    I added some Traction Grips, the CTC laser, picked up a Desantis superfly pocket holster, and it has been my constant carry since then. It is a really great gun, It is a high quality, reliable and affordable pocket 9mm that I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a great carry gun.

Some pics of it, and compared to some of my other carry guns.
    As delivered,
    The whole gang,
    Beside the LCP
    With traction grips and laser,

Nice report! Thanks, there's a lot of interest out there on this new offering. Glad you enjoy it and its working well for you. I have a PM9 and 40 and love them. Hmmm, is a CM40 in the works??
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Nice! I've been milling over the idea of switching out my PF9 for a PM9 but the price tag was just too much on the PM9 to justify the trade out. But now with the CM9 out, there's a definite possibility of trade out now.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

jyo
    I too went with the CW9 (have two) over the PM/CM9 pistols simply because I have larger hands and find the grip a little too small---I can hide this little guy just fine---it is not however really a pocket pistol---just a touch too large---unless you wear "cargo pants"---look for pants with somewhat stiffer pockets rather than thin---will hold it better. I wear the CW9 inside the pants at the 3 o'clock position---don't even notice it after a few minutes.

Welcome to the forum from Southwestern Virginia. Congrats on the CM9. Nice gun.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Welcome to the forum. I had posted last week on the CM 9 asking info however no one had one yet. Hard to find one in my area. Well done report with photos on your part. Thanks.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Nice collection. Thanks for the pics.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

VIP Member
    Congrats. 'Hearing lots of good things about the CM9.

Congrats! I pick up my CW9 tomorrow and cant freakin' wait. Im really excited to get her home and clean her up.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and compliments.

I went to the range today and ran 100 more rounds through the CM9. I wanted to try a box of Speer 124gr.+p in it (this had a noticeable snap in this little gun) and all 50 rds ran great except for one rd, it hung on the feed ramp, and I had to slightly pull the slide back and let it go and it chambered ??? I think it may have been my grip that caused this, so I am not going to count this against it. I also ran another box of Fed. 115gr FMJ with no problems. So far I am still real happy with my new carry gun!

Hope you like the new CW9 sheepdog, good luck with it, they are super nice guns.

Quote Originally Posted by surefire7 View Post
    Nice report!... Hmmm, is a CM40 in the works??
    When the CM9 first came out, I sent Kahr an e-mail with a few questions about it, and I included an inquiry about when we might expect a CM40 to become available. Their response was that "...the release date for the CM40 has not yet been announced." Sounds pretty encouraging!

I'm probably not going to be in a big hurry to get the .40, though - I think the 9 is a superb piece, and although I love the .40 S&W in a bigger gun (my XDm), I kinda think the 9 is a better choice for a pistol that small (JMHO).

Regards,
    Jim

Agree with you kilowatt, I also think they will make a CM40 and a CM45 too...It's good to have choices, but in a gun this size I would have picked the CM9 anyway, even if all were available today.

I also have a full size XDM .40 and in that it is a fine cartridge.

Purchased a CM9 today, $429.99+ tax. No pics yet, this is NY afterall
    Looked at the PM9 and the CM9. For the difference in price, the CM9 made it a easy choice.

Very Nice review!

I have be trying to decide between Kahr or the new Solo after both are out for a year. Both the Kahr CM9 and PM9 are on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlers View Post
    I have be trying to decide between Kahr or the new Solo after both are out for a year. Both the Kahr CM9 and PM9 are on the radar.
    I was able to handle a Solo at my LGS and the trigger seemed a lot 'crisper' than my CW9. But I could not see myself shelling out $700 for a better trigger. The CW9 works for me!
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Links