Spent Some Time With An Old Friend Today....Just Wasn't The Same!!

This is a discussion on Spent Some Time With An Old Friend Today....Just Wasn't The Same!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've had my CHL for about 15 year now. I started carrying with a Kimber Ultra Carry. It was a great weapon and I ...

Thread: Spent Some Time With An Old Friend Today....Just Wasn't The Same!!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

Spent Some Time With An Old Friend Today....Just Wasn't The Same!!

So I've had my CHL for about 15 year now. I started carrying with a Kimber Ultra Carry. It was a great weapon and I truly enjoyed carrying it. However, I wanted more firepower. When I first fired the HK USPc it was love at first sight. It was a great carry weapon. Over the years I have taken several defensive pistol classes with it and never had an issue with it. It was my go-to weapon and it served me well. Then there was the day I bought my Wilson CQB Compact. I then realized that what I had really appreciated about the Kimber (ease of carry, great trigger pull) and what I liked about the HK (highly accurate, well-made and reliable) were both present in the Wilson. That was several years ago and the Wilson has been my go-to gun ever since. I carry it almost exclusively and it has become an extension of me.

So the reason for the post - for some unexplainable reason I decided to carry my USPc today instead of my Wilson. I really didn't give it a second thought nor did I really think it would matter. So, I was quite surprised that a gun that I carried for 5+ years felt so odd and a weapon that I have carried for only a couple of years feels perfect. The USPc felt thick, blocky and awkward today when I carried it. So much so that I went back home after a couple of hours and re-armed with my Wilson. It felt perfect as always!

What are y'alls thoughts? Has anyone else had this happen?
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

2. Remove Ads

Agreed

I've had a USP compact for a number of years in .40 caliber, and also a small 1911, the Colt Defender. I have carried them both and I know what you mean. Once you are used to the small 1911, the USP will feel rather thick and blocky, with a different balance. I prefer the small 1911 to the USP because of its thin profile and better trigger.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Only with a woman......but we won't get into that right now.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Links