Thinking of a Springfield EMP 9mm

This is a discussion on Thinking of a Springfield EMP 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the big brother, the S/A Micro Compact in .45. (Now called something else, Loaded Compact?) Mine has been flawless after about 20 rounds. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of a Springfield EMP 9mm

I have the big brother, the S/A Micro Compact in .45. (Now called something else, Loaded Compact?)
    Mine has been flawless after about 20 rounds.
    I would like an EMP also, but the price has kept me away.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I've had one since they came out. I had some hiccups when I first got mine. But after a trip to Springfield its running flawlessly. Its running so well that somehow my brother walked out of my house with it. He absolutely loves it and carries it every day.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

My new EMP 9 has made two trips back to SA, both times for the same problems. Light primer strikes, failure to fire, and the slide won't hold open on last round.

First trip back was to ream and polish the firing pin hole and to drill and pin the extractor which was glued. It ran well for about 100 rounds.
    Second trip was again for light primer strikes (FTF) and failure to hold open the slide on the last round. Tech comments said: replace barrel link, replace FP and polish FP channel and hole. test with 108 rounds of various SD and ball ammo.

Bottom line... SA will make it right, although I believe that the customer should never experience this.

I can tell that SA didn't lie about the test firing as the pistol was dirty when I got it. Not "you need to clean it before you use it" dirty, but you could tell that it had been tested.

Last trip to the range with it was 100% with 300+ rounds of various ammo.

Just picked up a EMP 9mm last week and ran 120 rounds through it yesterday (Saturday). I like it, very accurate for a pistol of this size. Pretty decent trigger and my 16 year old son just fell in love with this mini me gun. I had two failures to lock on last round, I figure it just needs a little more breakin. It does NOT like JHP, at least not the Federal stuff I picked up. I could just barely get it to go into battery by hand and this feed ramp looks like a mirror. This will need some investigation into what brand of JHP it will handle. Expensive little boogers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links