Les Bear 1911s

Les Bear 1911s

This is a discussion on Les Bear 1911s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been checking around for a new carry. Does anyone have any experince with the Les Bear line of pistols? Been eying Commander size ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Les Bear 1911s

Les Bear 1911s

I have been checking around for a new carry. Does anyone have any experince with the Les Bear line of pistols? Been eying Commander size 1911s.
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    They are top notch in quality and price. Saw a tv show about them on Outdoor channel. They are hand built here in the US and have a 3" @ 50yds accuracy guarantee. Les test fires most of the guns. I wish I could afford one...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

my uncle has one and its really nice. really good contruction and great to shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    They are VERY VERY nice! Once you shoot one you will be drawn to custom 1911's and the regular over the counter ones wont due after the Les Bear.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    They are VERY VERY nice! Once you shoot one you will be drawn to custom 1911's and the regular over the counter ones wont due after the Les Bear.
    I think that's why I'm afraid to shoot one. I love my crappy guns.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I think that's why I'm afraid to shoot one. I love my crappy guns.
    Yup! I started working at a gun store and got spoilled really quick! all of a sudden it went from save up $500 for that gun I really want to having to save up $2000 Sometimes it doesn't pay to have exspensive tastes!!!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

JD
    Administrator
    I've been absolutely thrilled with my Baer, without a doubt one of the best 1911 makers out there and still not horribly expensive. Check out CJ1911heaven.com as they are reported to have very good pricing on Baers, you'll have to call to get a quote but I would check with them against any local vendor or other on-line seller.

Well, might as well start near the top!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've been absolutely thrilled with my Baer, without a doubt one of the best 1911 makers out there and still not horribly expensive. Check out CJ1911heaven.com as they are reported to have very good pricing on Baers, you'll have to call to get a quote but I would check with them against any local vendor or other on-line seller.
    Yep, I seriously doubt he'll find better pricing of actual guns in stock, than those of Crazy John.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    I have been checking around for a new carry. Does anyone have any experince with the Les Bear line of pistols? Been eying Commander size 1911s.
    Semper Fi
    Les Baer's pistols are one of the best 1911s currently on the market.

Here's a good read on Les Baer's operation, older article but they are still made the same way in his new location.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...9/ai_94765138/
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I own three: A Thunder Ranch Special and two Stingers. To me, the Stinger is the ideal size for a carry 1911: true Commander (4 1/4") slide/barrel, Officer's length frame. I would only caution that the steel in Les's frames is a little softer than some folks use, so it is easier to ding up the checkering. It's tough, but that doesn't mean hard. I had one of my Stingers hard-chromed, and I think that's a good idea with these guns, too. All of mine have functioned flawlessly from Round One, putting the lie to the idea that tightly fitted 1911s aren't reliable. Really, really accurate, too.

VIP Member
    It's my primary carry during the cooler part of the year. It gets shot a LOT & even the wear adds character. I don't have a more reliable firearm than this one!
    Attached Images
    matthew03 likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

IMHO, superb 1911's...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was at a range a couple years ago and the guy next to me was testing out his new Baer. He came over to show his first target fired with the new gun. A 50' he put all the shots in the diameter of a quarter. Needless to say he was thrilled. He allowed me to shoot a magazine and while I didn't do quite as well, it was very accurate and just a beautiful pistol to hold and shoot.

I made the mistake of taking a TRP to the range with my Les Baer TRS. I sold the TRP shortly thereafter. I also sold the Baer, but replaced it as soon as I realized what I had done. I carry a G19 daily, but my LB TRS is my best shooting pistol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links