German Made Sig P226

German Made Sig P226

This is a discussion on German Made Sig P226 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When it comes to Sig I never know what to look for. I always read this sig is super reliable this one has problems etc... ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AutoFan

Thread: German Made Sig P226

German Made Sig P226

When it comes to Sig I never know what to look for. I always read this sig is super reliable this one has problems etc...

What's the consensus on the German made P226? I found one at a really good price that was a state troopers who past away 10 years ago. It hasn't been fired in over 10 years and it is in great shape. Is the German 226 a good buy?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Is the German 226 a good buy?
    Short answer: sure. But you should take some advice from the guys on Pawn Stars: "If I can get it for the right price."

For that, you'll need to know the production year, condition, etc. Check out gunbroker.com for sales of similar year/condition handguns. The P226 is a stellar weapon - I have a newer one. Mine has been flawless.

My dad has one and it is great! It is the only gun I know of I would carry instead of my G-22 (honestly) I really like the 226!!!

I have a newer 226 and love it. It is in the edc rotation with my G19.

VIP Member
    That pistol is, hands down, one of the finest combat handguns ever made. If the price is right, snatch it up.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

For Sig's the only ones I want are the German made guns. They are worth a premium price due to their quality. The only area where the new ones are better than the older guns is when it comes to the finish. The finish that was used in the 80's and 90's was very thin and showed holster very easily. You have to know what to look for when buying a used Sig. I have seen hundreds of police trade in's that people buy cheap, do a DIY Durakote finish job and are selling them for $500+ on internet forums. Some even claim they are CPO guns, a quick call to Sig will tell you if they are telling the truth. I myself, I don't buy refinished guns unless I know the owner personally. There are a ton of P6's out there right now like this. So do your homework and educate yourself. It may save you hundreds if not thousands.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    That pistol is, hands down, one of the finest combat handguns ever made. If the price is right, snatch it up.
    I agree.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    If a Leo was using it daily on duty, to me that says something, they SHOULD NOT be carrying unreliable weapons. If the price is right get it, but 10 years of sitting around is a long time so get it checked and a give a good cleaning.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The (West) German made P226s are probably among the very best mass produced guns ever made.
    OD* likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    The (West) German made P226s are probably among the very best mass produced guns ever made.
    That's the one I'd buy.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Links