Defensive Carry banner

How Many 1911s Do You Have?

24K views 199 replies 167 participants last post by  houser52 
#1 ·
How many 1911's do you have? It seem's they are like Lays potato chips, nobody can just own one :)

I have 3, a SS Colt Defender, SS Colt Commander, and safely tucked away with my Grandfather, his WWII issue Navy Colt 1911.

I had originally planned on just the Defender. But, Nelson Ford is working his magic, adding an Ambi safety (I'm left handed), and doing some other things. So I haven't had a gun to carry in a couple of weeks and yesterday, I finally got my CWP in the mail. I was thinking, "Jeez, a CWP, and no W to C!! So I stopped by the local gun store, and the Commander followed me home. Problem almost solved :)

Now I am thinking, that since both of my Colts are SS and marked with the "100 Years of Service" rollmark, I should get the 5" SS Colt to complete the collection. Unfortunately, the wife doesn't quite see it that way... yet :) However, as with most things in marriage, it's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission :)

Tom

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
Only three. Springfield !911A1, Kimber CDP Pro II, and Springfield TRP, all .45.

Hoping I can add at least one more in this centennial year, the preference being one in .38 Super (like I need another caliber!).

#40 ·
Awesome!! I've seen some very nice 1911's tonite! It's amazing to see the varied collections and all of the different guns, and all of them the same :)

#47 ·
5-full size .45 (Les Baer, STI, Springfield, TTi & Kimber)
1-full size 10mm (Kimber Eclipse)
2-Commanders in .45 & .38Super (Kimber Pro-Carry HDIIs)
1-Officer's in .45 (Kimber Ultra Carry)

#51 ·
A meager 4 at this time, seems like Glocks have been multiplying here lately though.

#52 ·
I have ZERO. I hate to say it, but I have never seen the appeal of the 1911. It is too big and ugly. Yes, I understand it is a quality, reliable weapon. But its just not for me. I have Glocks, Walthers, and Tauras. Unless somebody gives me one, I doubt I'll ever have a 1911.

#55 ·
I appreciate the 1911 and it is my favorite platform, but there are so many other quality HG's. I only own one 1911 currently, a Colt Combat Elite. I've owned Springers, Kimbers, a Wilson and a Colt Stainless 1991A1 in the past, but they get traded for other pistols and such. I will say one thing though, no matter how many or how few guns I own at any time there is always a 1911 in my collection.

#57 ·
This is embarassing, but I have a Para C6 3", a Para C7 3.5", a Kimber Pro-Carry 4", a S&W Commander 4.25", a Kimber LE 1911 5" and an AMT Longslide 7". I'm considering the Springfield Longslide 6" to fill in the gap. Funny though, my current EDC is a S&W 5906.

#59 ·
I'm not ashamed to admit that I do not own a single 1911. Not a one.

Not that I have not ever owned one. I have had 3 over the years. But, I just didn't love them. Sold them and traded them for other guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.