Defensive Carry banner

How Many 1911s Do You Have?

24K views 199 replies 167 participants last post by  houser52 
#1 ·
How many 1911's do you have? It seem's they are like Lays potato chips, nobody can just own one :)

I have 3, a SS Colt Defender, SS Colt Commander, and safely tucked away with my Grandfather, his WWII issue Navy Colt 1911.

I had originally planned on just the Defender. But, Nelson Ford is working his magic, adding an Ambi safety (I'm left handed), and doing some other things. So I haven't had a gun to carry in a couple of weeks and yesterday, I finally got my CWP in the mail. I was thinking, "Jeez, a CWP, and no W to C!! So I stopped by the local gun store, and the Commander followed me home. Problem almost solved :)

Now I am thinking, that since both of my Colts are SS and marked with the "100 Years of Service" rollmark, I should get the 5" SS Colt to complete the collection. Unfortunately, the wife doesn't quite see it that way... yet :) However, as with most things in marriage, it's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission :)

Tom

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Only six.

Springfield Micro-Compact
Springfield Commander
Colt 1911 38 Super
Kimber Custom
Taurus PT1911
And my Johnny Cash gun built like the song “One Piece at a Time”

Always looking for another.

#35 ·
^^^ This is me to a T. I have only 1 1911, and it is an all black GI model. That's just the way they are supposed to be to me for some reason, so I've never been compelled to purchase another.

Revolvers though...that's a whole different story all together. I've got a lot of them and want a whole lot more...especially snubbies. So I can understand someone who feels the same way about 1911s.

#15 ·
Colt Officers .45 acp
Para P-12 .45 acp
Colt .38 Super

#17 ·
I've had the same 4 for many years but intend to add another Colt to the stable before year-end. When I do I intend to tote it some.

#19 ·
Zero, Zip, Nada !

I do like .45 ACP's but they are half breed black plastic and metal and assembled in America from imported parts and I buy them two at a time for the price of one Colt or Kimber. :image035:

Just having some fun here. I have had three 1911's in my lifetime the last one a Combat Commander sold about 10 years ago. I also use to drive Chevy Silverado's now I drive Dodge RAM's.:yup:
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

#22 ·
BigFAt Zero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.