Walther PPS and a laser sight - anyone know

This is a discussion on Walther PPS and a laser sight - anyone know within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can a laser sight be installed right below the barrel Not on the rail, but between there and the end of the barrel there is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LanceORYGUN

Thread: Walther PPS and a laser sight - anyone know

Walther PPS and a laser sight - anyone know

Can a laser sight be installed right below the barrel
    Not on the rail, but between there and the end of the barrel there is this part of the frame that my local GS said he "thought" the laser could go there. He was not positive. Do you know for sure either can or can't?

2. Remove Ads

Are you asking about a guide rod laser? Those are manufactured by lasermax and I don't believe that there is one released for the pps yet.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Danclt:

That is where the recoil mechanism resides in the gun. Putting a laser inside a gun's recoil system has always been a bad idea in my opinion.

The most widely used laser on the Walther PPS is the Armalaser Stingray SR2:

That works 4 me "l.orygun" 7 thnx
    ALSO ~ Walther makes a P99c(QA) with specs close to this PPS (9mm) and yes PPS is the slightly less wide one, slightly heavier one, slightly higher/taller, .3" shorter barrel, lighter factory trigger 1.9 pull lbs, 7rds(pps) vs 10rds(p99c/qa), and PPS about $41 more.........i'd like to handle a P99QA
    Last edited by danlct; April 28th, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: thnx

Opps, I posted a photo of the LaserMax Micro by accident. That is the laser in that earlier photo.

Here is a correct photo of a PPS with the Armalaser Stingray SR2:

This owner is much smarter. He has both the better laser, and also the Limbsaver grip sleeve installed on his PPS.

I own two PPS pistols myself, one in .40 S&W, and one in 9mm. They are both going to be reborn next Thursday.

Milspec likes this.

Give me an idea what the "reborn" treatment includes for 'em
    Stingray & limbsaver grip are nice add ons

So will the ArmaLaser Sr2 fit onto a Walther p99QA? My dad has one and I'm in the market for a birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by danlct View Post
    Give me an idea what the "reborn" treatment includes for 'em
    Stingray & limbsaver grip are nice add ons
    That is not a photo of one my PPS handguns. Although I do have the Limbsaver grip sleeve on both of mine.

My PPS pistols are due to be back in my hands on May 5th. I should get confirmation tomorrow, May 4th, when they ship.

L.oryourgun ~ since you have the 40 n 9 what can you say about the difference generally & whatever like felt recoil AND what type of mods would you consider like trig job or???

The Trigger on both of my PPS pistols is quite good in my opinion. It feels better than the factory trigger on my Glock 17 or my S&W M&P, for example, which both have striker type trigger systems too. So I've never felt any need to modify the trigger.

Recoil on the .40 S&W is definitely noticeably much sharper. The grip on the PPS is much more comfortable than the one on the Kahr Polymer pistols in my opinion. The Kahr pistols also seem to have more of a whiplash like effect in their recoil that makes it feel worse in your hand. Adding the Limbsaver sleeve helps to cushion the feel of the recoil, besides improving the feel of the grip.

Only other mod I've made so far was to replace the recoil guide on the .40 S&W gun with a high performance unit made by DPM Systems. This is how it looks installed on my .40 S&W PPS:

And here how the gun looks with it installed inside:

Here is info on the unit:

http://www.dpmsystems.com/en/products/

The guns will both have a totally new finish on them when I get them back in two days.

Links