Ordered my new gun

This is a discussion on Ordered my new gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a new Ruger LC9 from my gun shop today. I hope I made the right decision. I put one in my hand ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: Ordered my new gun

Ordered my new gun

I just ordered a new Ruger LC9 from my gun shop today. I hope I made the right decision. I put one in my hand at Bass Pro Shops and loved the way it felt. Bass Pro had them for $399.00, my local shop said they would sell it to me for $320.00. I am willing to wait as my Concealed permit is not here yet(should be next week.) I also like supporting the local guys. Do you guys that have the LC9 like them so far?

2. Remove Ads

I don't have one but for $320 bucks I don't think you can go too wrong!

Congrats. I love the way the LC9 feels. Lesson learned: Never buy anything from Bass Pro Shop. It can be found cheaper elsewhere.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    I shot one at the range a few weeks back, a Friend picked one up. Put around 20 rounds down range and found it to be very smooth and acurate, I have a Kel-Tec PF-9 (Never had a issue with it) not as smooth as the LC9. I will pick up one down the road. Good Luck and enjoy.

VIP Member
    My only complaint with my LC9 is the very long trigger pull. The wifes Kahr CW9 has a much shorter and crisper trigger on it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Hope you have better luck with yours than I did mine. Bought mine couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday and shot it on the following Saturday. Out of 50-75 rounds the trigger would not pull back past halfway on 2 shots, it just locked up both times. I had to unload and reload the chambered round and it continued to work.

It has been at Ruger's facility in AZ for over a week now, and they have assured me it will be repaired & test fired before they send it back to me. I'll have to admit this is my 1st gun I have ever had an issue with that had to go back to the factory for repair and I own a variety of handguns, Ruger, Glock, Springfield, S&W, Kimber, & NAA.
    Proud NRA member

I like Rugers (I have 3 of them) and this looks like a good product in their lineup. I hope it does well. I wish they would come out with one that didn't have all of the lawyer driven safety crap on them (safety, mag disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, etc.). That stuff is fine for those that want it, but I wish they would make a plain model without all that stuff for the folks that have extensive training and experience with firearms. Its almost like they cater to the inexperienced crowd and the experienced folks just have to accept those features. Why is that?
    Chevyguy85 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I like the Ruger products, but I recently bought a Kel Tec PF9 instead of the LC9. It was less money, had a better trigger, has none of the lawyer crap, and is still American made. If Ruger would come out with a model without the lawyer crap I would probably buy it.

GM
    I know zero about the LC9, but if the gun works well that is a very good price . Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

i was looking forward to the release of the lc9 but was disappointed Ruger found it necessary to add the mag disconnect and thumb safeties on a long DAO pistol..should've been a replica of the lcp,just scaled up a bit with better sights..seems to be a good shooter though from all the reviews i've read,for $320.00 can't go wrong..

I was in the Charlotte NC area last week and visited Firepower, a local gun shop and range. I've had the LC9 on my list for CC and Firepower had one. The LC9 felt like a very nice weapon. A local shop about 40 miles away quoted me $350 to order an LC9. I'd say you got a good deal. Let us know how it works for you.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I love my LC9 and have 600 rounds through it with only 1 FTF.

I would love my LC9 more if it had only cost $320!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I'm reading they shoot a little better than the lcp. I hope that is true.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    It feels great in "your" hand, that's the key. Hope you enjoy it. I had a chance this past week to hold one for the first time. I didn't like how it felt in the hand but then again I'm used to either a Kahr K9 or Kahr P9 with a bicycle tube over the grip. Anything has a hard time feeling even okay compared to those two. The trigger is okay but longer than my Kahr's but what really turned me off was the huge chamber loaded indicator on top and the mag disconnect. I don't like those on a CCW gun. The nice thing about the growing popularity of concealed carry is the number of new models of guns. It means lots of choices and a better chance of finding something that fits you at a price you can afford.

Enjoy the new gun!
    Gideon

Yes, the LC9 is better shooting then the LCP (which is not that bad).
    The LC9 makes a very good EDC.
    I have enjoyed mine a lot with no issues!

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Links