XD9 SC or Steel Baby Eagle Compact?

This is a discussion on XD9 SC or Steel Baby Eagle Compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It'll be one or the other and can't decide. The Springfield shoots GREAT and I haven't even seen the other, but it does look pretty ...

Thread: XD9 SC or Steel Baby Eagle Compact?

It'll be one or the other and can't decide. The Springfield shoots GREAT and I haven't even seen the other, but it does look pretty good. I tend to like steel and a hammer, but probably can't go wrong with either. I think I read somewhere that the Magnum Research Guns will resume distribution in May.
    Thanks.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

If you like steel, a hammer, and an external safety, then go for the Baby Eagle Compact. XD9sc is lighter I believe. I must admit, I've never seen where someone was trying to decide between two totally different guns as these. They are nothing alike. Go with whatever feels good to you.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I've always wanted a 'Baby Eagle', or more correctly Jericho 941, in .45. All steel, reliable, accurate and easy shooting, good looks, and exotic to boot. The only problem is importation from Israel is always so spotty, and as a consequence it doesn't seem to be easy to aquire a reliable source of spare parts, 'cept magazines or sights. Do a Google search for 'Jericho/Baby Eagle parts' and you will find a ton of threads with people trying to find them.

Even though the slides/frames of both the Jericho and EEA guns are all made by Tangfolio in Italy, the .45 Jericho's don't seem to have any problems with slide cracks. The EEA .45 & 10mm models DO. It also seems to be nearly impossible to find a Jericho stateside with a frame mounted safety, instead of the slide one, but they DO exist. Maybe the newly imported ones will feature that.

Still, I might just have to scratch the itch and hope for the best!

Actually my last post didn't state which one I'd choose!

My heart says the Baby Eagle, my brain says the XD9..

The logical choice would be the XD9 I guess.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    they really are different. But serve the same purpose. I vote the Baby Eagle, mine work and work and work.

Links