Eye Candy!

This is a discussion on Eye Candy! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a SWEET deal I couldn't walk away from! so I had to share, I don't plan on shooting it just an investment ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Eye Candy!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Eye Candy!

I just got a SWEET deal I couldn't walk away from! so I had to share, I don't plan on shooting it just an investment piece.
    Attached Images
    bmcgilvray, pistola and ladder13 like this.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    just an investment piece

Smart man. A solid, classic, investment firearm that is certain to continually appreciate in value.
    It's better than money in the bank.

Very sweet indeed. I'm envious.
    I don't plan on shooting it just an investment piece
    Might want to rethink that. You have a revolver well worth shooting.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Beautiful. Wonderful collector's piece, but still, definitely worth shooting.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    sweet
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

yea I have another 27 that I do shoot so I don't have a need to shoot this one (even though I probably will just because I don't resist very well). It was the end of the day and my boss was cleaning out the back room and found it said she had it for a long time and if I wanted it she would make me a sweet deal.. Next thing you know I don't get to keep my paycheck and my wife is mad but oh well I like it.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    yea I have another 27 that I do shoot so I don't have a need to shoot this one (even though I probably will just because I don't resist very well). It was the end of the day and my boss was cleaning out the back room and found it said she had it for a long time and if I wanted it she would make me a sweet deal.. Next thing you know I don't get to keep my paycheck and my wife is mad but oh well I like it.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

Thumbs up Very Nice !

That is sweet.I have one that will be 61 years old this year.I love to shoot it.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    U.S. Army Veteran

What kinda Value do you all think this might have I am not worried about selling it soon but I have got some very conflicting info and am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by pistola View Post
    That is sweet.I have one that will be 61 years old this year.I love to shoot it.
    Very nice. It's funny how some guns become like family isn't it.

Now that's the way to do .357 Magnum right!

That Model 27 is so fine! The 3 1/2-inch is not so common and has a cult following. It looks bad-to-the-bone and would ride on a belt just fine with the right holster. It will also eat lots of heavy .357 Magnum loads like candy and soak up the recoil well. Can't blame you for not wanting to use that one though since it is so nice. If you don't shoot it you are more disciplined than I am. That is a revolver that is on my long-term want list which only means one could happen along at any time if the price was right.

What barrel length is your other Model 27 sporting?

I have a 6-inch Model 27 which is the most common length and which has given excellent service now for many years. It is my very favorite .357 Magnum in the house.

With case and accessory goodies and in excellent condition, a 3 1/2-inch Model 27-2 (I'm only assuming it's a -2 revision) should be worth $800-$900 to the motivated buyer, even in the present sick economy.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Pistola's old .357 ain't half bad either and worth a tidy premium due to its era of manufacture.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

OD*
    Beautiful 27!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Now that's the way to do .357 Magnum right!

That Model 27 is so fine! The 3 1/2-inch is not so common and has a cult following. It looks bad-to-the-bone and would ride on a belt just fine with the right holster. It will also eat lots of heavy .357 Magnum loads like candy and soak up the recoil well. Can't blame you for not wanting to use that one though since it is so nice. If you don't shoot it you are more disciplined than I am. That is a revolver that is on my long-term want list which only means one could happen along at any time if the price was right.

What barrel length is your other Model 27 sporting?

I have a 6-inch Model 27 which is the most common length and which has given excellent service now for many years. It is my very favorite .357 Magnum in the house.

With case and accessory goodies and in excellent condition, a 3 1/2-inch Model 27-2 (I'm only assuming it's a -2 revision) should be worth $800-$900 to the motivated buyer, even in the present sick economy.
    6" model.

Very nice, hell I'm just looking at pictures and wanting to shoot it, you must be going nuts.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links