Glock lover advice needed

This is a discussion on Glock lover advice needed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19 Gen 3 (with importer stamp), doubt they're rare or increase value. This glock doesnt really fit into my collection except ...

Thread: Glock lover advice needed

Glock lover advice needed

I have a Glock 19 Gen 3 (with importer stamp), doubt they're rare or increase value.

This glock doesnt really fit into my collection except for that fact that its fun to shoot.

I have concealed weapons are good for fall/winter/spring but I'm lacking one for 85 degree weather (do have LCP, not too comfortable with it).

A local dealer said he would trade me the G19 for a Gen 4 G26 with a 180 bucks on my end.

There is a gun show this weekend in my area where I can find a better deal.

What trade value do you think I should reject/accept for this basically NIB (<50 rds) gen 3 G19 with importers stamp?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Anytime you trade with a dealer you lose. Try to sell it in the local paper and then buy what you want. I dont know about the importer stamp, but I would say you could probaly sell it for $425-$475. A dealer on a trade might give you $325-375. You should be able to find a G26 for around $500, so your dealer is offering you $320 for your G19. I tried to trade my G23 once. Just couldnt work a deal. I put it up for sale and sold it in less than a week for $450.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Since you have a gun show in your area this weekend. Go for an outright face to face sale at the show. Then buy whatever your interested in there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I don't think a GLOCK 26 will be a whole lot more concealable than a GLOCK 19. I conceal one all day every day. My advice hang on to the best damn 9mm pistol this side of the sun and save up for a GLOCK 26.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have the Gen 3 G19 and the Gen 4 G26. They are both great guns and the G26 does conceal better with the standard magazines but the trade off is your pinkey hanging off. For me that is not an issue since I have smaller hands, which is why the Gen 4 G26 is worth the extra over the Gen 26. I would agree about waiting and seeing what type of deal you can find @ the Show. Prices of Gen 4 G26's are around $550, $499 for Gen 3. But try to keep your G19 and save for the sub-compact. Last point, the G26 is my most accurate pistol-probably because I can really get both hands strongly around the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by h0kie View Post

#1 I have concealed weapons are good for fall/winter/spring but I'm lacking one for 85 degree weather (do have LCP, not too comfortable with it).

#2 A local dealer said he would trade me the G19 for a Gen 4 G26 with a 180 bucks on my end.
    #1 A Glock 19 works for any climate unless you refuse to dress around it. I carry a Glock 19 except when working out at they gym, and that's because my fanny pack works better with 26 than the 19.

#2 Bad deal. Very bad deal.

Distinguished Member
    You should be able to get $400 to $450 for your used G19, minus ad fees. I havn't priced a gen4 G26, price one and then do the math. It doesn't sound like he is that far off with his offer when you consider sales tax.

I would try and find someone that wants to trade ( even ) for either a used Gen3 G26 or Gen4 G26. You might even find that offer here.

I'd say keep the G19 and learn how it can be your best friend even in 85+ weather. Last I knew the 3rd gen G19 was in higher demand. I think there's a good reason for that. Think on it.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Gen 4 "improvements" are sales hype.

Sell your G19 to a local shooter.

You can get a NIB gen 3 G26 online for $500 shipped.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

keep the 19 and save up for a 26

As far as the price offered-.
    Trade straight up with someone locally or save and keep both.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Links