Kahr P9 / CW9

Kahr P9 / CW9

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 / CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I rented a Kahr P9 (not PM9) at the range today since I'm thinking about getting a CW9 and they're so similar. WOW. That gun ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gruntingfrog

Thread: Kahr P9 / CW9

Kahr P9 / CW9

I rented a Kahr P9 (not PM9) at the range today since I'm thinking about getting a CW9 and they're so similar. WOW. That gun is amazing. It's small, but fits my hand fairly well. It's thinner than, but no taller or longer than my Glock 26.

Most important, the trigger was like butter.

I don't know what that phrase means, so maybe I should just say the trigger was as smooth as

It was definitely in the top 10, but possibly the best trigger I've ever felt on a defensive firearm.

I know it's a rental and therefore well-worn and I asked the guy how many rounds he thought had been through it. Amazingly, they keep track of that (approximately) on their rental guns. He looked it up in their system and said it had about 3600 rounds through it.

Kahr Owners:

How many rounds did you have through your pistol before the trigger got SMOOOOOOOOOOTH?
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my CW9 trigger was smooth right out of the box. Best DAO trigger I've ever felt.

My Kahr CW9 was great out of the box. I have shot several low milage Kahrs and they all have very good triggers. MK9, PM9, my CW9. All have been consistently smooth with no changes in that smooth feel or resistance until they break! Some of my revolver shooting friends are impressed with Kahr triggers.

-- Richard
    Last edited by RKirk; May 1st, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have 4 Kahrs and they all had great triggers out of the box. I think a DAO gun without any external safety, mag disconnect, etc. is perfect for civilian ccw. I believe the Kahr triggers are the best in that category.

I have a P9 and I'm glad I do. If I had to choose between the P9 and the CW9 I'd struggle. The price is an obvious difference but I really do appreciate some of the refinements on the P9.

I will say this, I'd encourage you to get it with factory night sights if you like night sights on your guns. Saves money in the long run and they're good sights for the day as well as the night. I can also recommend the Black coated slide. Mine doesn't show any real wear and no scratches after years of regular carry. I'm rather impressed with their blackened stainless slides.

Gideon

GM
    IMO Kahrs have one of the best DAO triggers you can find, and it uses to be like that out of the box
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I carry a black P9, great CCW, but it isn't my favorite Kahr. My K9 has an even better trigger, but my TP9 is my favorite.

My Kahr was perfect out of the box. Best DA trigger I've ever encountered. :)
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

More Kahr love, the P9 is my all-time favorite carry gun - thin, lightweight, good trigger, accurate, dependable... I really don't know of anything else that comes close.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

I've bought four Kahrs in as many months, so I guess you'd say I like 'em: all had great triggers out of the box. I recommend to you the following two threads at Kahrtalk:

Proper prep of a new kahr - KahrTalk Forums

Kahr Lube Diagram - KahrTalk Forums

I followed both with each gun and had NO issues.

Thanks for the links. If I go with the Kahr, I'll definitely use them.
    - Mike Tyson

The only other , out of the box, double action trigger comparible to a Kahr is the Para Ordnance LDA trigger.

I've got a black P9 with four mags and a couple holster I'm looking to sell. About 400 rounds through it and it is super to carry and in very good condition. Haven't even listed it anywhere yet. PM or email me if you're interested. I think your gonna love the kahr (regardless of where you get it from)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteox View Post
    I've got a black P9 with four mags and a couple holster I'm looking to sell. About 400 rounds through it and it is super to carry and in very good condition. Haven't even listed it anywhere yet. PM or email me if you're interested. I think your gonna love the kahr (regardless of where you get it from)
    I'm a few months out from being able to get a new gun, so I would go ahead and list it if I were you. Thanks for the offer, though.
    whiteox likes this.
    - Mike Tyson

Kahr CW9 is good for carry and light enough for my spouse. Has a great trigger and 9mm is right for her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not...." - Thomas Jefferson

I've only got a CW9 but it too was smooth as Lando Calrissian. Gonna add a CM9 at some point this year, expecting it to be the same.

Links