I think im getting sick.

This is a discussion on I think im getting sick. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was out on my way to visit with the family and seen a yard sale that had alot of hunting gear and other misc "guy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think im getting sick.

I think im getting sick.

Was out on my way to visit with the family and seen a yard sale that had alot of hunting gear and other misc "guy stuff" so i stopped and popped the question and asked if he had any firearms to go along with the hunting gear, needless to say the guys wife jumped up and yelled for her husband to bring the glock 27 and all the ammo he has for it she wants him to sell it.

now ive had a glock 30 and sold it i didnt care for the grip on it. but this glock 27 just felt like it belonged in my hand came with 3 mags a few hundred rounds of target ammo. and 3-4 boxes of personal protection ammo and looks as to be brand new and the current owner told me it was brand new also only shot 20 or so down range with it.

i ended up handing it back to him, there was nothing wrong with it or the price. i just had to ask him for his number and told him id call him sometime this week. now i am doing the thinking process to buy or not to buy

i currently carry a xd-9 4 inch service model and want a smaller gun

ive been looking at some of the 380's " lcp ,tcp ,p3at " but i think i want more BANG and the g27 has more BANG ..

whats your thoughts??

can a g27 be pocket carried efficiently

i think i am getting the glock bug and seem to be getting very ill

2. Remove Ads

I'm not going to tell you that you can't pocket carry a 27, however you will need bib overalls. Primarily the double stacks are too wide to get the gun out quickly. And your jeans will need to be pretty deep also.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    My primary is my G27 never thought to try pocket carry with it because it is thick.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

my pocket carry would mainly be in gym style shorts with big pockets around the house. nothing to extensive i would still get a iwb holster and carry iwb when ever i go out and about. just looking to get into a smaller gun with more bang than the 9mm xpringfield XD

it'll fit in ur pockets, but drawing sucks... def not a pocket gun....but i can be if really needed

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Why does the wife want her husband to sell his Glock 27?

I have a G27. Pocket gun? No way, it sucks, to heavy, to thick. IWB? Perfect- I carry mine in a C-tac. Can be carried with any summer clothes I have. Its almost the perfect CC weapon IMO. Small, accurate, plenty of punch. IMO if I already had a XD service model I would look for a XDSC to go with it. But the G27 is a great weapon. The choice is yours.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Good luck trying to carry a G27 in a pocket.

I tried it with my G26 and it's a no go for me; way to bulky against my big thighs IMO. I love the .40 for defense, but IMO the baby Glocks are not even close to being pocket pistols.

Being one that's "Been there, done that", I'd suggest checking out the J frame Smiths for the pocket role. IMO, it's the answer to both the Pocket caliber and the pocket pistol. I have several pocket .380's and for the record, I think the round is a good option for most any application, but nothing matches the reliability of the revolver and the .38 caliber is an additional plus in the pocket option.

My two cents, YMMV.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Gottabkiddin got it right.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

The G27 is a frequent flyer in my off-duty line up. Great little CCW. I carry mine in a Milt Sparks SS II all day very comfortibly. Around the house pocket carry won't be that bad. But IWB is no problem at all. I say jump on it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

The S&W airweight j-frame models are ideal pocket guns, especially in "around-the-house lounge wear." It also gives you the versatility to carry in other locations at other times, i.e. ankle, small of back, pants pocket, secondary access with weak hand, and in coat pockets in winter (and can even have your hand in the coat, on the weapon, and fire through the pocket if you need to). Very versatile carry piece that should be in everyone's lineup.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Although you did not mention the price, it sounds like it could be a good pick up. In gym shorts with elastic waste band, you will constantly be cinching them back up. Pocket carry would be tough, but, it certainly is more comfortable to carry IWB than an XD Service. I had one of those and it is a chunk.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I carry my g26 in a cargo pants pocket sometimes, doesn't work so well in the pocket of jeans though way too thick.

Try a Don Hume IWB mine works great!. I had to buy my pants 1" bigger around the waist and I got a Boston leather belt to hold my pants and gun up.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I just checked with my wife. Whew! Thought maybe that was my G-26 and she was trying to sell. I can say I have never carried mine in my pocket. Pulls the pants down if your not careful but they are a nice little gun.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bigdog44; May 5th, 2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: mistype
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links