Who's got an LCR?

This is a discussion on Who's got an LCR? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had an impulse buy on gunbroker last week. After a previous thread including a youtube video, followed by several replies extolling the virtues of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's got an LCR?

Smile Who's got an LCR?

I had an impulse buy on gunbroker last week. After a previous thread including a youtube video, followed by several replies extolling the virtues of the LCR, I started looking around and found a .357 LCR for $410.

Well that part may have been a mistake as I could have gotten it locally for about the same price between shipping and transfer fees. And that's with the guy giving me a break on the fee since I've bought from him in the past.
    My best guess-timate is I saved enough for one box of .357 ammo.

Anyway's, now I'm waiting because unbeknownst to me, the very day I went to ask the local shop owner to fax his info storms here in Missouri knocked out his phone lines. So now I'm waiting even longer.

So while I wait, how many here have the LCR, and how many have it in .357?
    Should I order the Link: Tamer Grips?
    Do you prefer a speed loader, or the speed strips?

2. Remove Ads

I have the .357 flavor and so far it's all stock. Probably stay that way as that's more money towards the next gun purchase. I use speed strips as they are slimmer and easier to conceal and I just don't feel like getting more speed loaders for another revolver at this point in time

I don't have an LCR but do have a S&W 442 and about the same thing. Reading about the CDI ammo from Hornady they say the 38+P 38 round out one of those short barrel revolvers will penetrate up to 15" expanded, so what a gun to carry either one. Be happy you got one of the most dependable guns there is to carry and have nothing go wrong.

fknipfer1

Don't own one, but have shot the LCR in 38spc. Nice trigger. I'd like to have one for summer carry at work or while running.

I have both the .38 and the .357 LCR. With .357 rounds in it, it hurts. I won't lie. I'd much rather shoot .38's in it. With .38's either one of the guns to me are nice to shoot. AZChevy on the other hand, has one, shoots .357's through it one handed and loves it and does quite well with it. Depends on how much recoil you are able to handle.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    I have the .357 flavor and so far it's all stock. Probably stay that way as that's more money towards the next gun purchase. I use speed strips as they are slimmer and easier to conceal and I just don't feel like getting more speed loaders for another revolver at this point in time
    same here in .38

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I have both the .38 and the .357 LCR. With .357 rounds in it, it hurts. I won't lie. I'd much rather shoot .38's in it. With .38's either one of the guns to me are nice to shoot. AZChevy on the other hand, has one, shoots .357's through it one handed and loves it and does quite well with it. Depends on how much recoil you are able to handle.
    I guess we'll have to see after some range time. I have a Charter Off Duty .38sp which looks similar, but is considerably lighter than the .357 LCR.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have one in .38 and I love it. I've gotten use to +P rounds and standard loads are a breeze. I will eventually have the .357 model.

AZchevy is a member here and he has the .357 that he shoots one handed, upside down, while going across the monkey bars and he is an amazing shot. It's all about practice and experience I suppose.

VIP Member
    I have the .38 wish I knew the .357 was coming out. I like and it is easy to carry.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I just bought the LCR in .357 mag. Actually, it goes by KLCR in .357 mag. Mine came with Hogue grips. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. My EDC is a S&W 342 Ti. in .38+P and lately, I have been of the opinion that S&W has let their quality slip. The Rugers still get glowing reports and I've always liked the smooth, flowing lines of my Redhawk and Single-six convertible. So, I purchased the KLCR thinking I would get a bit more punch for the same size and weight. Wrong! The KLCR is noticeably heavier and even though it says it fits in the same pocket holster, the Galco pocket Pro, it actually fits so tight that it pulls the holster from my pocket on the draw where my Smith does not. The extra weight makes it flop more noticeably in my pocket so I have ordered a Don Hume IWB holster for it. Now I am hoping FL. passes the modified open carry bill as I tend to print in shorts and a tee shirt. A little muffin top don't ya know. By-the-way, did I say that I love the look and feel of the KLCR? It's exactly the same physical size as the .38 LCR but I believe a tad heavier. It will definitely become part of my rotation if I have to carry it in my teeth.

I found an awesome deal on .357 LCR last week and I couldn't pass it up. My initial impression is good. It feels balanced, with a very smooth trigger, and comfortable grip. It's not too big for pocket carry in cargo shorts, and it should work really well for IWB appendix. Now I just need to get to the range!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I have one in .38 and I love it. I've gotten use to +P rounds and standard loads are a breeze. I will eventually have the .357 model.

AZchevy is a member here and he has the .357 that he shoots one handed, upside down, while going across the monkey bars and he is an amazing shot. It's all about practice and experience I suppose.
    I saw AZchevy's thread The Ruger LCR .357 and recoil with .357 magnum loads So I blame him for this latest purchase!

I have the .38 +p version. Awesome firearm whichever version you get. If I was buying one for OWB carry and not so much deep concealment I'd opt for the .357 caliber, but for deep concealment it would be the .38. With the Hogue boot grips on the LCR weighs in at a mere 13oz. I have both sets of grips and switch um out for different carry needs.

I use both the HKS speed loader and the strips. I carry one HKS #36 and two speed strips for reloads. IMO the speed loader is the better option, but much more bulky to carry around all day.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I've got the LCR in .357. Never shot it with anything higher than .38s+p though. I chose the .357 version simply for added strength and versatility for if SHTF and all I could find was .357. I went with a speedloader, specifically from 5 Star Firearms. The bedside block kit is niiiiiice.

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I got the LCR .357 about a month ago and love it. It is a great carry piece and shoots better than my old SW 642.

I shot it last week with . . .
    .38spcl - no problem and little recoil
    .38spcl +p - very managable
    .357 110 grain JHP - still pretty shootable
    .357 125 grain JSP - felt like you were hitting your hand with a hammer, I had enough after 5 shots.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links