Looking at .45ACPs for carry

This is a discussion on Looking at .45ACPs for carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am very happy with my glock g21 sf. for the price and quality it is a hard one to beat...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking at .45ACPs for carry

I am very happy with my glock g21 sf. for the price and quality it is a hard one to beat

2. Remove Ads

I had a guy I see once a month or so at meetings ask me today if I wanted to sell my RIA 1911. I've been buying guns the last year or so only when I get a really good price on them, so I could come out pretty good on it all things considered. I'm thinking if I sell him this one and sell the 9mm to by brother-in-law that he wants I can easily buy a nice carry .45 with applicable goodies and not have to lay out any additional cash. Funny thing is I haven't even tried to sell anything. A year or so ago when times were real tight, a lot of folks that knew I was into guns came to me wanting to sell stuff (at a good price). Now times are a little better and folks are coming to me wanting to buy stuff...interesting thing is it is different people.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

BugDude, what did you buy?

Nothing yet...hoping to get around to some of the gun shops in my area and check out some of the recommendations in person. I'm not in a big hurry, this is just something that is on my short want list. Hopefully before the end of summer I'll have something.

I have the New Agent in my 45acp carry rotation. It's easy to conceal. Mine has never malfunctioned with about 1k rounds through it by now. Reloads and factory. You do have to remember it is not a target gun, it's point and shoot, like a J-frame. I rotate it with a G36 and a Kahr CW45. In blue jeans I can actually pocket carry it.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

los
    I think the Colt New Agent would make a fine CCW. The Trenched sight would force you to become proficient with Point Shooting, which is a great thing..!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I love snubbie revolvers, and have gotten quite proficient with them and used to the trench sights...it would feel like home!!!

VIP Member
    BugDude, I just got a holster for my Kahr CW45 so I can start carrying it. While it will NEVER replace my CBOB as my EDC gun, it does make a good choice for a grab and go gun. Decent sights, accurate and nice trigger on it. all for under $400.00.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

i carry the new colt defender. shoots great ,no stoppages, used it to renew my cc permit;love it you can't go wrong with it.i say go for it.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

I only saw one or two posts about the Kimber models... You're budget is about $800 or so, but you won't hesitate to go above that if quality/fit/design/accuracy are what you're looking for? I would give serious consideration to a Kimber Ultra Carry. I have several handguns, including a SigSauer 226 (.40), a Smith&Wesson 686 revolver (.357 mag), a Kimber Ultra CDP II LG (.45), and my wife currently has a Kimber Solo (9mm) on order. I carry the Kimber Ultra most of the time, with an occasional nod to my Sig.

I have an excellent gun store in my area, and they have a rental wall with just about anything you want to shoot. I had opportunity to shoot many of the handguns mentioned above, and quite frankly, they are all good choices. However, if you like the 1911 style and you are willing to pay a bit more for a beautiful, high quality, extremely accurate .45 concealed carry weapon, you would be doing yourself a favor to look closely at this one...

Here's mine:

Kimber America | Ultra CDP II (LG)

A basic Ultra Carry model can be bought for UNDER $800:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ul...ultra-carry-ii

Don't let the MSRP fool you. You can take 15% off of that easily at any good store.

Good luck!

Hibby

G30 may be a little thicker than others but carries real nice OWB in High Noon Slide Guard & IWB in High Noon Public Secret!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

los
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I love snubbie revolvers, and have gotten quite proficient with them and used to the trench sights...it would feel like home!!!
    There you go...
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links