gen 2 Glock 19

This is a discussion on gen 2 Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Glock newbie here.....I just traded my bow for a gen 2 Glock 19. It appears to be in great shape but my question is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: gen 2 Glock 19

gen 2 Glock 19

A Glock newbie here.....I just traded my bow for a gen 2 Glock 19. It appears to be in great shape but my question is other than no rails to install a light and the difference in the grip, is this just as good as the newer models?

2. Remove Ads

Have it checked out by a Glock Armorer. Some free internal parts replacement may be available and wise.

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

I think it is better than the newer Gen 4 but then the grip on the Gen 2 and Gen 3 fits my hand better. I do not need accessory rails on my handguns. My Gen 2 G-19 was purchased in 1994 and is one great handgun. Though I have purchased several Glocks since then Old # 1 is special. I had the slide refinished in 2010 by Robar and have replaced the sights with Big Dots along with the trigger and firing pin springs and thats been it . You have a great handgun and it will shoot more rounds faster than you bow.

photo.jpg Old # 1
    GoBigOrange likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Congrats on the Bow for Glock 19 trade. Good deal in my book. Gen 2's are every bit as good as the Gen 3's as far as I'm concerned. Chasbo00 is right, it couldn't hurt to send if off to Glock and have them check it over. More than likely, they will replace some springs and a few other parts and will probably do it for free to boot.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I agree with what the others have said. I have two gen 2's G-19s, one I bought new in 96.

Old Glock 19

I got my second generation Glock 19 about 1998, in used condition. I believe the gun was manufactured about 1995. It was my first Glock, and I have fired maybe 5000 rounds through it since then. It has never failed to function, and I had the slide hard chromed at one point just to make it less plain in appearance. It is my highest capacity handgun, with a 15+1 round capability. I have never replaced any springs, but did put aftermarket sights on the gun.

I really can't fault the gun in any way.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

The 2nd gen 19 was my first Glock. It's a workhorse. I received it in 97 (new) and replaced everything but the slide and receiver fairly recently. I did it because I wanted to, not because I needed to. Everyone should have a 19 in the Glock line up.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Have the serial number checked for available upgrades. Other than that, enjoy your new Glock pistol!

Links