carry condition?

This is a discussion on carry condition? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a taurus pt111 that is my ccw (only pistol i own at present) i have found it to be both dependable and surprisingly ...

Thread: carry condition?

carry condition?

I have a taurus pt111 that is my ccw (only pistol i own at present) i have found it to be both dependable and surprisingly accurate for it's short barrel. the only concern i have is being a sa/da is it harmful to the striker spring to leave it cocked and locked for long periods. i carry all day every day where ever legal, and worry about weakening the spring. thanks for any advise!

2. Remove Ads

You'll get a lot of varied opinions on that, but I don't sweat it, myself.

Btw, nice choice in the PT111. I carry a PT140, and it's an amazing little gun.

Nope, no problem at at all. The firing pin spring is only partially loaded until the full trigger pull is completed. The gun is designed to be kept in that condition indefinitely.

I've had my PT111 for 10 years now, and other than one problem when it was 3 years old, it's served reliably the whole time.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I carry my PT111 pretty often.

Springs on the striker, just like in a magazine, don't weaken from being compressed. They weaken from cycling.

thanks for the info i won't worry about springs weakening, besides, i really like the feel of the sa trigger pull. this is a 3gen so it is only da in a ftf situation wich was only ever needed with tulla ammo, btw is tulla the russian word for lousy?

VIP Member
    My PT-145 Pro is chambered and locked at all times except when cleaning it. No problems so far and I don't expect any.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have the PT-111 millennium pro in 9mm. It feels better in my hand than any of my other hand guns. It shoots well also.

I had one situation occur where the return spring broke while doing double taps. Sent it back to Taurus and 4 weeks later I got it back. Though it works fine I replaced it with the M&P compact in 357sig as my carry gun. I guess I lost faith when it broke.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Delta Elite cocked and locked for 12 years now before that Colt and built up Para only way I know how to do it safely.

I carry my mil pro pt145 loaded always except when cleaning, never had a problem.

Links