Show Us Your Nighthawk Customs!

This is a discussion on Show Us Your Nighthawk Customs! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Show us your Nighthawk Customs!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Show Us Your Nighthawk Customs!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Show Us Your Nighthawk Customs!

Show us your Nighthawk Customs!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Sweet JD, thank you for posting. :-)

Awsome!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    That was sooo sweet JD
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very nice! Love Nighthawks!! Hope more post pictures. Want to see them all!!!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Seriously? No one else has a Nighthawk they will post pics for? I would love to see more pictures and hear how satisfied owners are with their Nighthawk. I am really wanting one and am seriously looking at a Bob Marvel limited edition 45 ACP. I want to pull the trigger, no pun intended, but I jut want to know they are worth very penny.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Seriously? No one else has a Nighthawk they will post pics for? I would love to see more pictures and hear how satisfied owners are with their Nighthawk. I am really wanting one and am seriously looking at a Bob Marvel limited edition 45 ACP. I want to pull the trigger, no pun intended, but I jut want to know they are worth very penny.

If it wasn't for the very, very specific options I wanted I would have gone with someone else. I actually tried to, but the original outfit I spoke with who will remain nameless kept butchering my build sheet.

Dan Wesson, Les Baer, Springfield Custom Shop, Colt Custom Shop all build really good gun for less than NHC.

But, NHC didn't so much as blink when I went down my specs and just said "OK, we'll do it" The staff was superb, the gun was built on time and probably would have been done ahead of schedule, but there was a hold up for the Ionbond. The gun runs, and runs well.

But there is a part of me that feels a little silly as I don't carry it anymore and really haven't shot it much since getting my HK45 and Les Baer SRP. Not saying I won't ever carry it again, but when I spec'd it out it was to be my everything gun and now it's a safe filler.

JD
    Administrator
    Also, for the cost of that Marvel, I'd call Heirloom Precision, Volkman , or Novak

Thanks JD. I did look at Volkman and Heirloom Precision. They are very nice as well. Tough decision on a gun like this. I just keep hearing how superb NHC's are and want to own one of these. I appreciate your comments and hear them echoed so often around their customer service and quality.

I have a Les Baer and an Ed Brown. In fact I have a Springfield Custom and a couple Dan Wessons. Every one of them is superb and is shot often. I love 45's and I think that is part of why I find the NHC a must. There is a hole in the safe for one more "Queen" to lay her head. I have a shot to grab the NHC now and can have it by Christmas vs. the usual 20-22 month wait. I am a phone call away from the deposit.

Oh such tough decisions. Guess I better run it by the wife and see how much this gun will really cost me...

By the way JD. Is your NHC in hard Chrome finish? That is one sweet looking gun.

JD
    Administrator
    By the way JD. Is your NHC in hard Chrome finish? That is one sweet looking gun.
    Yes, Ionbond over hard chrome.

Thanks JD. I did look at Volkman and Heirloom Precision. They are very nice as well. Tough decision on a gun like this. I just keep hearing how superb NHC's are and want to own one of these. I appreciate your comments and hear them echoed so often around their customer service and quality.

I have a Les Baer and an Ed Brown. In fact I have a Springfield Custom and a couple Dan Wessons. Every one of them is superb and is shot often. I love 45's and I think that is part of why I find the NHC a must. There is a hole in the safe for one more "Queen" to lay her head. I have a shot to grab the NHC now and can have it by Christmas vs. the usual 20-22 month wait. I am a phone call away from the deposit.

Oh such tough decisions. Guess I better run it by the wife and see how much this gun will really cost me...
    If that's the case, have at it! As for cost, if you order direct from NHC, what you see on the site is what you'll pay unless you make changes to the gun. There's typically not that much difference from advertised cost on the site and what they go for from a dealer.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nice.

What's the trigger pull weigh on one of those? Can it be adjusted?

TCT
    Guess I better run it by the wife and see how much this gun will really cost me...
    A few puppies

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Nice.

What's the trigger pull weigh on one of those? Can it be adjusted?
    3-4 pounds I'm told. Not sure on the adjustable part. Great question. I will find out in late November as I found one at LGS that was ordered at the Shot Show. I got lucky or I would be waiting 20 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links