Anyone bought a Gen 4 G19 lately?

This is a discussion on Anyone bought a Gen 4 G19 lately? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have the issues been cleared up? I'm going to start shooting IDPA soon and I'm considering a G19 for the pistol/rifle matches. I prefer the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone bought a Gen 4 G19 lately?

Have the issues been cleared up? I'm going to start shooting IDPA soon and I'm considering a G19 for the pistol/rifle matches. I prefer the grip on the gen 4's over the 3's but don't want to consider it if they Gen 4's are still having issues.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    One of my good friends from another forum recently picked one up. I believe the problem has been corrected and his has been 100%. The only thing of concern should be making sure that you have the "04" spring and not the "03" spring.

I spend a good deal of time on GlockTalk and the reports have been very positive since Glock replaced the springs.

I have a Gen 4 26 that has been %100.

You might check out Hikok45 and his test on a G19 gen 4 with the #4 spring, still jams on light 115 fmj. My g19 gen4 has been jamming on the 115 fmj, I have been waiting for 7 weeks for Glock to ship me a #4 spring, that is with two calls. I will not buy another Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    You might check out Hikok45 and his test on a G19 gen 4 with the #4 spring, still jams on light 115 fmj. My g19 gen4 has been jamming on the 115 fmj, I have been waiting for 7 weeks for Glock to ship me a #4 spring, that is with two calls. I will not buy another Glock.
    Gen 3 it is!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Gen 3 it is!
    +100

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Gen 3 it is!
    if you let 1 person's response(who doesn't even have the correct spring) guide your decision then what was the point of even starting this thread? I gave you an example of a friend that has had zero problems out of his gen 4 19 as well as myself having zero issues with my Gen 4 26.

I have one. Zero malfunctions. Appx 1000 rds down range and it gets back on target faster than the Gen 3 guns. Hope this helps

I have a Gen 4 with the 04 spring. I only have shot about 200 rounds through it but did not have a problem. Mostly reloaded range ammo and a mixed bag of JHP with some +p rounds. AMAZINGLY accurate and as stated before extremely fast back on target. I have read a lot of responses on this forum and others and I have not heard of anyone with the 04 spring having any problems. I'm pretty sure Hickok's review of the gun with the 04 spring did not show any malfunctions, but it has been a while since I watched it.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    if you let 1 person's response(who doesn't even have the correct spring) guide your decision then what was the point of even starting this thread? I gave you an example of a friend that has had zero problems out of his gen 4 19 as well as myself having zero issues with my Gen 4 26.
    If you knew my history with auto's you would understand.

VIP Member
    I had two (2!) S&W Model 19s catastrophically fail on me in one day at the range. Obviously, based on my post, you should never buy nor use a revolver....

Just sayin', you can find an example of anything...it's the "norm" you should be looking for.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

JD
    Administrator
    If you knew my history with auto's you would understand.

OK, if you're not willing to try the Gen 4 Glock, I will beat you with a hoe handle if you buy this....

One second thought this is looking pretty sexy as well...

Kimber America | Ultra Carry II
    Lima has some issues with her Gen 4, we beat Glock to the new 04 spring and went with a kit from Glockmeister, the gun has not had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I had two (2!) S&W Model 19s catastrophically fail on me in one day at the range. Obviously, based on my post, you should never buy nor use a revolver....

Just sayin', you can find an example of anything...it's the "norm" you should be looking for.
    Well, the norm for a while was that Gen 4 Glock 19's were jam o' mattics...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    OK, if you're not willing to try the Gen 4 Glock, I will beat you with a hoe handle if you buy this....
    LOL. Actually I have put my 1911 purchase on hold until I see if Ruger is going to release a CCO version of their SR1911 so no need to break out the hoe handle :)

By the way. I DO own a Gen 4 Glock 23 so it's not like I am a Glock hater or anything.
    Last edited by JD; May 3rd, 2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: merged posts.

LOL. Actually I have put my 1911 purchase on hold until I see if Ruger is going to release a CCO version of their SR1911 so no need to break out the hoe handle :)

By the way. I DO own a Gen 4 Glock 23 so it's not like I am a Glock hater or anything.

It's not about the Glock. It's about the Kimber
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I've had ZERO problems with my 04 Spring Glock 19 Gen4. Mine came with the 04 spring. I have no experience with the 03 spring.

Not one malfunction yet.
    Walther PK380 - SIG Sauer P238 - Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    It's not about the Glock. It's about the Kimber
    Oh I know lol. JD and Kimber is like Sixto and Taurus...
    zacii likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links