Beretta 90Two

This is a discussion on Beretta 90Two within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you have a 90Two? I found it by accident didn't even know it existed, I was looking into some info on the ...

Thread: Beretta 90Two

Beretta 90Two

Do any of you have a 90Two? I found it by accident didn't even know it existed, I was looking into some info on the M9 that Beretta is putting out now and found it. How do you like it? How different are the grip and slide compared to the 92?

I've found since I got the 1911 a while back I have a new appreciation for metal frame guns. For some reason I now want more 1911s, a Browning HP and a Beretta 92, oh and another one or two PPKs in different finishes. I never should have bought the 1911.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I never should have bought the 1911.
    Bite your tongue, sir!

I had a friend a few years back that had a 90Two. Never got a chance to shoot the thing, but it seemed like a well-built pistol.

I have a 92 and it shoots anything I can get in the magazine. Never shot a 90Two, but a guy at the range has one. The 92 magazines I have fit and function fine is his 90Two, but his 90Two was very hard, compared to my 92 to get in and out of my fobus holster.
    Semper Fi

I have two 92A1s, two M9A1s, and I previously owned two 90-Twos. I tried to like the 90-Two, but the grip really sucks. I ended up selling the 90-Two each time. I couldn't like the gun because of the grip.

There are NO aftermarket grips, and the factory grip is just too slippery. That's the biggest complaint ya see over and over about the 90-Two.

Also, while the 1 piece polymer grip is replaceable with a "thin" grip to make it look like a Beretta Vertec grip - good luck on actually finding the "thin" grip. There are guys at the Beretta Forum who have looked for months. No one seems to have them in stock, and they have been out of stock for months at most places, if not longer.

I'd suggest getting the 92A1. It has the updated features of the 90-Two, but it has the regular 92FS grip. So, ANY 92 grips will fit the gun. Also, the 92A1 comes with THREE 17 round mags.

Be aware that even if you buy a regular 92FS, though - you can use 17 round mags in any Beretta 92 9mm variant. And, you can use 15 round mags in the 90-Two or 92A1.

92A1:

M9A1:

90-Two:

Ok I'm a Beretta newbie but what kinda geniuses came up with this system of names? At first I was like why type out 90Two instead of 92. Luckily I see that a 90Two is different than a 92. Sorry to hijack the thread, the 90Two looks like and interesting pistol BTW.

Carry on.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

The 90- two is a totally upgraded version different recoil system better barrel , sights, heavier frame, lanyard loop, rail, and the grip provides front and back strap I guess you'd call it checkering. I have one and love it. I've put around 10,000 rds through it and never had a problem. Limp wristing may be a issue for women though. The only thing I changed was target rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Ok I'm a Beretta newbie but what kinda geniuses came up with this system of names? At first I was like why type out 90Two instead of 92. Luckily I see that a 90Two is different than a 92. Sorry to hijack the thread, the 90Two looks like and interesting pistol BTW.

Carry on.
    Well, most people call the 90-Two the "90 Dash Two" - or just "the dash." That keeps it understandable. I think Beretta reps call is the 90-Dash Two as well, and most gun shops do too.

I wound up buying an M9 and two 17 rounders in addition to the 15 rounders, so far I'm liking it very much.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I wound up buying an M9 and two 17 rounders in addition to the 15 rounders, so far I'm liking it very much.
    U da man!

Links