HK P30 and P2000

This is a discussion on HK P30 and P2000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, I just recently purchased a Glock 22 which I traded for a Glock 23. Now, I'm thinking of saving up for a new pistol. ...

Thread: HK P30 and P2000

HK P30 and P2000

Hey,

I just recently purchased a Glock 22 which I traded for a Glock 23.

Now, I'm thinking of saving up for a new pistol. Currently, I own a SIG and a Glock, and am thinking of expanding to the HK pistols. The two I'm thinking of currently are the P2000 and P30.

My questions are:

1) They are very expensive. Are they worth the price to you?

2) The P2000 I know is a bit smaller than the P30 from what I saw, but is the P30 easily concealed?

3) Which would you recommend, if either?

4) What is a reasonable price for a used and new one in decent quality?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    All I know is I love my P2000 and it is a great shooter. It is also very easy to conceal.I got mine used for $700 and it has the LEM trigger.If you are going to carry your HK get the P2000.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I think both are excellent guns. I have handled both and prefer the P30. With a quality holster and belt the P30 will conceal as well as the P2000. As far as the money aspect, I dont see where they are worht the extra price over a SIG or Glock as far as bang for you buck. They are very nice guns though and as dependable as anything out there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'm interested in the P30 not sure if I want a .40 or 9mm. I have shot a range pistol p2000. The only issue I had was the recoil. It could have been because it a range gun and the recoil coller may have needed to be replaced. It was in .40. It was significantly recoiling with a sting like like feel to the palm. My g23 was like shooting a .22 compared to it. I was shooting magtech 180.gr range rounds. I have seen a online review on youtube where the user stated the same with a 9mm P2000 about the recoil. Other than that it is Extremely accurate for me and perfect dimensions for concealment, not too small or too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. You will be hard pressed to find better pistols out the box then H&K. They are pricey, but offer quite a bit more than all but a few manufacturers in their price range.

2. P30 is a full sized firearm much akin to a full sized Glock, Smith M&P, or SA Xd. If you have no problem concealing full sized firearms, you will be fine. The P2000 is a little smaller and the P2000SK series is much smaller. The P2000SK is about between a Glock 19 and 26 in size. They are all fine pistols.

3. I know the p30 just molds to the hand so well that it is tempting to buy on feel alone, but if you do choose her to carry, that spiderman grip can be a bit of an issue against the body. The P2000 on size alone would be better for carry, but it is what fits you and your needs. Personally, I have the P2000SK in 9mm with the light LEM, NS, and could not be happier.

4. If you are looking for new H&K pistols, look no further than CDNN investments. Their prices are usually the best. Bud's Gun Shop is another place with decent prices too. Finding used H&K pistols is a crap shoot. Prices vary pretty wildly on places like gunbroker, but if you check out HKPRO forum, there are usually some pretty good deals from time to time.

I have owned 3 HK's all USP's. Currently have the USP Compact 9. I do not shoot it as accurately as my Glocks (not the gun but more how it fits in my hand). If I were to buy another HK, it would be the P2000 SK-it feels outstanding in the hand. IMO the quality does justify the price.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    My old issued P2000 was my favorite carry gun. I learned to gunfight with it and I wish I had it back.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

jyo
    Both the P30 and the P2000 are great pistols, well worth the cost. They are really two different types of pistol---the P30 is more of a service size gun and the P2000 is a compact pistol. LOVE my P2000 in 9mm---little kick, shoots right to point of aim, compact, well-made and most of all, RELIABLE! I will probably own a P30 before too long...

Links