just orderd the CZ RAMI 2075 BD

This is a discussion on just orderd the CZ RAMI 2075 BD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Could resist no longer. I handled the “non-BD” versions personally and LOVED the ergonomics, read every review on them I could find, joined the CZ ...

Thread: just orderd the CZ RAMI 2075 BD

Could resist no longer. I handled the “non-BD” versions personally and LOVED the ergonomics, read every review on them I could find, joined the CZ boards, etc. The BD version seems to get excellent and consistent reviews but is very hard to find. Gunbroker say what? Could not resist anymore and got the last one Impact Guns had online. Will be shipped to my FFL so I hope I have it in about a week. I also ordered some Pearce XD extensions (3) with it so I can lengthen the grip. 2 +1 assuming I mess one up! I'll also order at least one of the 14-round magazines.

I'll be sure to provide a range review and my thoughts once I get it. Then I'll need to think over CC options...

What does the "BD" stand for? Is this the polymer or steel version?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    RAMI series B model with Decocker.

They are super sweet and next on my list.

As stated, have the very safe decocker lever and come standard with real tritium Nites from the factory.

Well worth the extra money you pay for them, WHEN you can find one.

This pic has Dennis Marschal grips.

For someone new to guns or wanting a smaller CZ for Summer carry..

The BD is the one I point people to.

Very safe, and very reliable.

We hear only the best about the RAMI BD.

I hope to see a RAMI P decocker, or even a RAMI DAO.

Problem is..most of the CZ factory production is geared towards filling all the
    military and police orders for the P-07 Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    What does the "BD" stand for? Is this the polymer or steel version?
    Not sure off the top of my head what BD stands for. But it has low-profile fixed night sights, multi-function decocker so it can be carried, DA/SA or SA (cocked and locked), and is slightly more CCW friendly. Alloy lower, not the polymer. I'm pleased. Been looking and looking and finally got off the fence.

Thanks for answering that clarkston. I also just ordered 2 of the 14-round magazines, which I also handled at the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly VA a few weeks ago. I *have* to have a 3-finger grip. The extended magazine is quite nice too. So presuming I don't screw-up the magazine extenders, I'll decide which one I like best. I might get some custom wood grips, but since it is a double-stack handgun, I'd go with very thin wood grips, which I know are available.

GM
    Congrats ! I am sure you will enjoy it
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Just got the RAMI BD from my local FFL yesterday. Great little gun, and bit hefty and thick but gun so compact in overall size that it just "sits" well in the hand. Came pretty oily and unfortunately, I did not have time to shoot it, nor will I, until this weekend. Not sure if I'll clean it up first. I also received 2 14-round magazines and they fit the weapon nicely! I'm just about to mail some Pearce XD extensions to an experienced CZ forumite to modify and attach to the 10-round magazines that came with the gun. So, if I shoot it will be with the extended mags.

Probably going to fire 100 wad cutters and 50 SD rounds to make sure it fires everything without any problems. And I hope there are none. If all goes as planned, this will be my primary CCW, so I'm also looking into getting a quality IWB holster, so more time and money but I suppose that will never end.

I'll be sure to report back on how it shoots, hefts, etc.

Nice! I also have a Rami BD. I hate the polymer RAMI but the alloy BD is amazing. The decocker is a must for a CZ IMO. CZ is one of my favorites, I just added a fourth yesterday....a p-01 :)
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    RAMI series B model with Decocker.

They are super sweet and next on my list.

As stated, have the very safe decocker lever and come standard with real tritium Nites from the factory.

Well worth the extra money you pay for them, WHEN you can find one.

This pic has Dennis Marschal grips.

For someone new to guns or wanting a smaller CZ for Summer carry..

The BD is the one I point people to.

Very safe, and very reliable.

We hear only the best about the RAMI BD.

I hope to see a RAMI P decocker, or even a RAMI DAO.

Problem is..most of the CZ factory production is geared towards filling all the
    military and police orders for the P-07 Duty.
    Does the CZ girl come with it?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Does the CZ girl come with it?
    Order 1 of every model and she'll deliver them in person.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Would it be difficult to convert the RAMI BD safety to ambi or switch it over the the right side for better Southpaw carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Batty67 View Post
    Not sure off the top of my head what BD stands for. But it has low-profile fixed night sights, multi-function decocker so it can be carried, DA/SA or SA (cocked and locked), and is slightly more CCW friendly. Alloy lower, not the polymer. I'm pleased. Been looking and looking and finally got off the fence.
    The B stands for block as in firing pin block & D stands for decocker. You can not carry a BD model in cocked & locked you can only do that on the model with the safety. I have six CZ'S & most of them are the BD models. Just love them CZ'S.

Quote Originally Posted by Patria Povo View Post
    Would it be difficult to convert the RAMI BD safety to ambi or switch it over the the right side for better Southpaw carry?
    Can't be done.

Nice looking gun. The CZ's are one of the only platforms I don't have experience with. Always heard good things, but I've never had the opportunity to work with one.

Sponsored Links