H&K P7 PSP questions

H&K P7 PSP questions

This is a discussion on H&K P7 PSP questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gents, Today, I ran across an H&K P7 ( not the M8--has the heel release) at the LGS. They are asking $680+ tax for the ...

Thread: H&K P7 PSP questions

H&K P7 PSP questions

Gents,

Today, I ran across an H&K P7 (not the M8--has the heel release) at the LGS. They are asking $680+ tax for the gun, 1 extra mag, and hard case with instruction manual and bore brush.

Thoughts?

Also, for those of you who carry this gun, what do you carry it in?

Thanks,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

JD
    Administrator
    Price seems fair, they (the German Police Tade-ins) came in different grades, A, B, & C. If it's a B grade it's an Ok price, if it's a C...maybe/maybe not. HKparts.net has them in Chrome for $775 with 2 magazines, that would be my choice. I wish I had seen them before I bought my nickel P7.

As for what I carry it in, I'm currently using TT Gunleather IWB: New (to me) HK P7 and TT Gunleather IWB

I carry a P7M8, and have a Galco Royal Guard that I like quite a bit for it.

The same holster works for the P7 as well.

As JD said, depending on condition, the price would be fair.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I agree with your JD's analysis.

$680 would be the top end of what I would pay for a grade A. Grade A models can be found in the $700 range. I had a grade A P7 and loved it. It was extremely accurate with it's low bore axis. Mags are a bit expensive and finding holsters for the psp version (non M8) is a bit more challenging but very doable. Despite the extra weight of this finely made steel gun, it carries well with it's slim profile.

If you really want to be immersed in the world of the P7, head over to the Park Cities Tactical forum and look up the cult of the P7. That forum is all about the P7. I warn you in advance, you will probably run off to buy the P7 after reading up on it over there as that is exactly what happened to me.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Price seems fair, they (the German Police Tade-ins) came in different grades, A, B, & C. If it's a B grade it's an Ok price, if it's a C...maybe/maybe not. HKparts.net has them in Chrome for $775 with 2 magazines, that would be my choice. I wish I had seen them before I bought my nickel P7.

As for what I carry it in, I'm currently using TT Gunleather IWB: HK P7 PSP Pistol Hard Chrome - HKPARTS.NET
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Where do I find out about the different grades? They didn't seem to want to barter--even for cash. He told me, "These are hard to get, so I can't really come down on it."

One more question--Are there thinner grips available. They seem like the fattest part, and I don't really need quite so much bulk unless they're hiding something under the grip.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I had a grade A P7 and loved it. It was extremely accurate with it's low bore axis. Mags are a bit expensive and finding holsters for the psp version (non M8) is a bit more challenging but very doable.
    What made you sell it?

Why would the PSP require a different holster than the M8?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Rumor has it that when the H & K P7 came out that the San Francisco PD training officers went thumbs down on the pistol. Something about teaching new recruits to: "Squeese, Cock, Fire!" was a problem!

One of the guys here in LV just picked up a nice one (B) for a little over $550.00. Seem the German PD has dumped their used weapons on the market. I would shop around.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The overall shape of the M8 trigger guard and it's "American" mag release dictate a different holster than the PSP.

Are there thinner grips available.
    There are two types of original grips, one with and one without a palm swell. Both are a little hard to find. Nill makes an excellent wood grip.

Where do I find out about the different grades?
    The first batch of Saxony trade-in guns were graded A, B and C but the latest ones seem not to have the grade stickers. The best grade was A, B lesser and Cs were more used still. All were in good enough condition to shoot a lot. Of course not all P7s are Saxony trades and will have no grade or label at all.

A nice P7 will run from $500 or so for a "beater" to around $800 for some really clean, pristine guns. The $680 sounds reasonable to me. I see lots of them at gun shows for $700 - $800.

Also, for those of you who carry this gun, what do you carry it in?
    I don't usually carry it but I do think the KD Holster is a good choice. If I did carry my P7, this is what would do the job.

i made it....

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post

One of the guys here in LV just picked up a nice one (B) for a little over $550.00. Seem the German PD has dumped their used weapons on the market. I would shop around.
    They hit the market in '07 if I recall, the "source" is starting to dry up, right now they can still be had at a decent price, but who knows about later.

I carry my M8 in a holster from Fist, with matching mag pouch. They know how to make a good stable holster for the P7s. The gun is short and butt-heavy for it's size.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    What made you sell it?

I actually traded it for another pistol that I thoughtvi would shoot more. I miss the P7 and may pick up a hard chromed or nickel one over the summer.

The psp and m8 do not share the same holsters as the trigger guard area is different.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Thanks for all the answers, guys.

Sponsored Links