Possible big change in my carry gun(s) coming......

This is a discussion on Possible big change in my carry gun(s) coming...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes sir the reason I use mine....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Possible big change in my carry gun(s) coming......

Yes sir the reason I use mine.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

2. Remove Ads

OK, I will admit I have some , er, maybe alot of "old school" mentality.
    As a point of interest concerning ergos of a particular handgun, one of my favorite training techniques, albeit unorthodox compared to the big shot instructors, is to encourage the shooter to unload the weapon and constantly hold it while sitting around at night watching TV. I have found that this brings about a "familiarity with the gun, which makes it feel more natural.
    That's why I make ergos my last factor in choosing a handgun. I have found that with enough practice and handling, you will make it feel right.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    OK, I will admit I have some , er, maybe alot of "old school" mentality.
    As a point of interest concerning ergos of a particular handgun, one of my favorite training techniques, albeit unorthodox compared to the big shot instructors, is to encourage the shooter to unload the weapon and constantly hold it while sitting around at night watching TV. I have found that this brings about a "familiarity with the gun, which makes it feel more natural.
    That's why I make ergos my last factor in choosing a handgun. I have found that with enough practice and handling, you will make it feel right.
    That is pretty cool because that is how I learned and still do practice this with a new firearm to this very day. When I bought my first Glock (gen 1), my instructor told me to constantly hold my Glock and get used to it even at night watching TV. (Safely of course)
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

When I've had 'doubts', I went and shot the gun .... rapid, point shooting, as I would in an SD situation. Then did the same with the other gun. It always answered my question on which one I "should" be carrying.... takes the questions right out of the equation. One, the main difference was.... with one I was much more accurate and could unload it 2.0 sec quicker ... more hits in less time. Guess which one I carry.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'm a big fan of the SR series and have both an SR9 & SR9c. I do agree that the sights leave a lot to be desired, but there are replacement sights out there. Also if you want more of a Glock sight picture that is possible as well. Here I modified both of my rear sights with standard Glock white outline rears and I love how it turned out.

Since it's elevation adjustable you can really dial the sights in.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links