Smith and Wesson Govenor

Smith and Wesson Govenor

This is a discussion on Smith and Wesson Govenor within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GOVERNOR (Z) - Smith & Wesson I must be living in a cave because I never knew S&W made this gun. Has anyone got one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smith and Wesson Govenor

Cool Smith and Wesson Govenor

GOVERNOR (Z) - Smith & Wesson

I must be living in a cave because I never knew S&W made this gun. Has anyone got one ?
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I saw someone post this a while back. S&W's answer to the Judge apparently. Just as ugly, too, lol.
    I think they'd make a nice woods gun.

Nothing I would carry, except as an extra 'ride along' when in snake country.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    It turned a lot of stomachs at the Shot Show.

I think that it might be a good idea for a S&W collector to buy one, as they will not be made very long. JMHO.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Not for me. Given the choice the Smith wins, but it is a hokey gun idea JMO.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Quote Originally Posted by borglyn View Post
    Not for me. Given the choice the Smith wins, but it is a hokey gun idea JMO.
    Curious as to your opinion. My wife has the taurus Judge. The gun is just a hoot. i love it. I have carried it in bear country stoked with 255g hard cast wad cutters.
    So I am wondering why the idea seems hokey? Hope this doesn't sound like I am challenging you. i am just curious. My thoughts are this is not for everybody, but it does appeal to some.
    Jeff
    NRA Life Member

Cool

http://www.vt.edu/images/M_612375.jpg

Go Hokie Bird !

My kids went to Virginia Tech and I'm a Hokie fan so maybe that's why a hokie gun has a bit of an appeal for me as a backpacking carry piece.

I like the .45 ACP half moon clips option but the .45 LC would be the woods load. Good truck gun with the .410 self defense loads. Just thoughts on a Saturday afternoon.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...533/533166.jpg

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-UltraLiteJudge.htm
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    http://www.vt.edu/images/M_612375.jpg

Go Hokie Bird !

My kids went to Virginia Tech and I'm a Hokie fan so maybe that's why a hokie gun has a bit of an appeal for me as a backpacking carry piece.

I like the .45 ACP half moon clips option but the .45 LC would be the woods load. Good truck gun with the .410 self defense loads. Just thoughts on a Saturday afternoon.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...533/533166.jpg

The Judge Loses Weight: Taurus Ultra-Lite .45 Colt/.410 Shotshell Revolver
    I actually didn't realize until I saw that, and looked it up on the S&W website that it could accept moon clips of .45ACP. I think that really gives it a leg up over the Judge. I have a SAA clone in .45lc, and finding ammo for it can be a pain, and when I can find it, it is expensive. But I like the idea of it taking ACP. I think I am going to need to look into it a bit more now.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have shot the Taurus Judge and it was a lot of fun. If I owned property out in the country I might by a few to stash around the house but otherwise they aren't very practical for my needs.

The cool thing about this gun with moon clips (doesn't change my mind though, I still don't want one) is that you can load any combo of 45 colt, 45 acp and 410.

Taurus has their Judge series, now S&W has the Governor... I suggest thet Ruger come out with the "Politician" series. You load it up and it shoots out hot air, empty promises and caca de toro.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Curious as to your opinion. My wife has the taurus Judge. The gun is just a hoot. i love it. I have carried it in bear country stoked with 255g hard cast wad cutters.
    So I am wondering why the idea seems hokey? Hope this doesn't sound like I am challenging you. i am just curious. My thoughts are this is not for everybody, but it does appeal to some.
    Jeff

S&W Governor?Great idea.We have the Judge Poly-Defender .My wife and I love it.It would be a potent defensive gun.After we bought it,I checked many posts on this forum and others.Most people consider it a 'woods' gun,back-up gun,a joke,snake gun,etc. I read one post where a man said # 4 shot would just bounce off a person,causing absolutely no damage.Others claim a .410 gun is useless except for snakes and small critters.IMO,the Governor is a great addition to S&W,just remember those of us who believe this are in a small minority.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Taurus has their Judge series, now S&W has the Governor... I suggest thet Ruger come out with the "Politician" series. You load it up and it shoots out hot air, empty promises and caca de toro.
    Now that's funny!
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    If any of them could take 454 casull, it would be a real woods gun...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links