Crimson Trace Laser on LCP?

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace Laser on LCP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I like my LCP for pocket carry, I have a Recluse holster and it will take a bare LCP or one with laser. I ...

Thread: Crimson Trace Laser on LCP?

Ok, I like my LCP for pocket carry, I have a Recluse holster and it will take a bare LCP or one with laser. I have shot with a CT Laser on a LCR before, so I have limited experience with CT Laser.

The ideal reason for a laser is when you need a quick delivery of the first round on target under stress. The second is for low light conditions the CT Laser would be a life saver in that situation.

Anyone have a CT Laser on their LCP, if so do you recommend it?

Just got the CT laser and it comes with a $50 rebate if you send in the coupon(no brainer!). it is new and I've only shot once with it, but I do like it. I ordered a holster before I decided to get the laser so, of course, it doesn't fit now. Live and learn! Have not heard of anyone who has regretted the laser, but you can always remove it and, if you sell it, add it back for extra $$$$$. I say go for it and have fun with practice, practice, practice!
    Last edited by Philly Boy; May 7th, 2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: left out one word
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Yes and yes.
    What he said.

I have CT lasers on three different carry handguns ( .357 SW m60; 1911 Springfield "Loaded" and SW 1911ES) and wouldn't be without them. However. I have the lasers set for what I carry, not what I practice with, because practice rounds sometimes hit differently than target rounds. I spend most of my range time using my sights, not the laser.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I have a Crimson Trace laser on my Kahr PM9, P380, Ruger LCP and S&W 638. It's another tool in your toolbox, but definitely not a replacement for iron sights.

I've been carrying the LCP with the CT laser daily for over a year now. I find the laser a huge advantage over the iron sights, though not usable in bright light. Solved that problem by switching to a LC9 about a month ago. The LCP still goes in the pocket as a BUG. You will not regret the laser. Be sure to check the lasers zero daily, it can drift off.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvin66 View Post
    Be sure to check the lasers zero daily, it can drift off.
    - I haven't had that experience with the sights drifting on any of my Crimson Trace lasers. I pocket carry and IWB carry.

I had a LCP w/ CT laser

I had a Ruger LCP bought the plastic CT laser that fits around the trigger guard and under the barrel and loved it! And if you find someway to hold it really still like a gun vise you can set that laser insanely tight to the bullet pattern.I could tear the bull eyes out of your targets. However my LCP jammed on me several times when I qualified with it and ended up selling it, but considering buying another one in the future to give it another try because it was an great pocket pistol!

I have CT lasers on all my defensive handguns. I took a low light pistol class recently, and ran it with my little LCP (train like you fight). I was the only student who never missed the target once, and who had anything resembling shot groups on the target's vitals. That class really convinced me even more of the value of lasers. With the $50 rebate, you'd be remiss in not getting one.

ETA - I buy all of mine at Shooters Resource. You get a certificate for free batteries (one set per year) for life. No brainer.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I had the CT laser on my LCP. I sold it because it messed up the way I hold the gun. I have a Hogue grip, and I punched a hole in it for the laser activator. It took a lot of pressure to turn the laser on. Without the grip however, it was flawless. IF you are not using any type of accessory slip-on grip, you will have zero problems. It fits the pistol perfectly and is a nice option if you are a laser fan.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    I had the CT laser on my LCP. I sold it because it messed up the way I hold the gun. I have a Hogue grip, and I punched a hole in it for the laser activator. It took a lot of pressure to turn the laser on. Without the grip however, it was flawless. IF you are not using any type of accessory slip-on grip, you will have zero problems. It fits the pistol perfectly and is a nice option if you are a laser fan.
    Have you tried the finger extension magazine base plate? You might find that you do not need the Hogue grip. I find that the finger extension allows a firm 2-finger grip on the LCP...without it I can only get 1 1/2 fingers on the grip and the pistol jumps around too much.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member

I too have a CT on my LCP
    Love it. Have one on all my smaller carry guns (waiting on one for the LC9). They are a great equalizer...... I can get on target
    with out a hassle.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

I have one on my P3AT. They are great options for small pocket guns.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

yes and yes

boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links