Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

This is a discussion on Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I cannot carry inside my workplace building. During the day it is locked in a safe in my truck. Other than the time I am ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

I cannot carry inside my workplace building. During the day it is locked in a safe in my truck. Other than the time I am in the work building, I am armed with something (one, usually two) as long as it is legal. I have a 442 and I believe it is the ultimate in versatility as far as carry is concerned. I carry it a lot at home, in shorts, in a winter jacket pocket, can be fired from within a jacket pocket, easy to carry IWB, OWB, SOB, ankle, etc. I also carry it in my weak side pocket a lot as alternative access with my weak hand in conjunction with whatever primary I am carrying (either XD40sc or SP101 usually). I do have a number of guns in the safe, but a lot of them serve a specific carry niche (PT709 for thin, small, light with more rounds than a snub) and I have some I just enjoy shooting and carry occasionally (i.e. 1911, full size revolvers, Ruger P95, etc.). Some are plinkers or target guns that never get carried.

Mostly, I just enjoy firearms and shooting and I like to have a variety of handguns. I also take a lot of people shooting that want to learn about firearms and I like having a wide variety for people to see, feel, and shoot. Sharing my passion has lead to having several more honest armed citizens in my community...and that's a great thing.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I carry my Glock 26 whenever I can and it is legal. I can't during the week because I need to drop off my daughter at school in the morning. In FL you can't have a gun near a school.

I believe in keeping things as consistent as possible. Since my work and social needs are more discreet, I've come to the conclusion that pocket carry works best from both a concealment and comfort standpoint for me. So, if I'm dressed, it's a PM9 in one pocket and a LCP in the other. At home, or out and about - always the same.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I carry every day. I do not have a gun safe that I get the Gun of the day out of. I have shirts and shorts and pants that I carry guns in. In school zones it stays in the car. Everywhere else it is on me somewhere, go figure where......
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I carry my Glock 26 whenever I can and it is legal. I can't during the week because I need to drop off my daughter at school in the morning. In FL you can't have a gun near a school.
    Actually, unless you are getting out the car to walk your child inside, its still legal to pick up and drop off your child with your weapon. If you think about it, if it wasn't then every armed citizen would have to find a way to work that didn't cross a school zone. And that would really suck if you lived in the school zone!

My always on me gun used to be my Glock 26. But since I purchased my Kel Tec PF9, its been pulling up the slack when I dash out the door for just a little while. I plan on being inducted to the Sp101 club soon so I'm pretty sure it will have its days out too!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I'f I'm wearing something with a belt, it's my G29 and P3at. If it's jersey shorts its P3at. I'm looking at a CM9 to replace the P3AT.

I'm never out of arm's reach of something, unless I'm in a place where it's not legal, then it becomes a car dash.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    My S&W Model 36 is either on me...in the car...or within arms reach at home. If more clothes or a jacket is in order....I can carry the Glock 19....and if Im out and about...closer to the boonies....its the Ruger Blackhawk, 41 mag.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

I used to just carry the Sigma, but with it warming up I'm carrying my PT140 MilPro a lot more. Shorter barrel, but there's not much difference in size.

I always have my 442 on me. Usually, it supplements another pistol. But, there are times when it rides solo.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I always have my LCP or LC9 in my pocket, and sometimes both, unless ofcourse I am entering a restricted area.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Kel Tec P3AT with CT always, either as BUG or deep conceal primary.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Cool

On duty Glock 21. Off duty Glock 19 , 23 or 36. Sometimes the SP-101. BUG : Diamondback .380.

I would rather have and not need then need and not have.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    you are being overly and unnecessarily cautious, in FLA if you have your cwfl you can drop your child off at school with your gun on you, just don't get out of the car and walk around school property. concealed means concealed, just go about your business at the school and you'll never have a problem

OT I always carry, usually it is my g21sf and if I want to go light I carry a g27

I only carry where and when it legal to do so. To add to that, you'd be hard pressed to find me unarmed at any time of the day, or night, and that's the plan as far as I'm concerned.

Like yourself, I rely on the J frame for my defensive needs. I usually have two on my person, a LCR and a 637, or 638. All are .38 +p calibers and IMO I'm well defended. As far as having multiple firearms available in a safe at the house. Well, my only thoughts regarding the question is, why not. I'd rather have plenty and not need um than the other way around..

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

the lcp is with me at all times...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links