Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun? - Page 3

Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

This is a discussion on Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fletcher . I don't understand the dozens of guns in the gunsafe thing. It's like any hobby. While firearms are a means ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    . I don't understand the dozens of guns in the gunsafe thing.
    It's like any hobby. While firearms are a means of protection for me they are also a hobby. I enjoy all different kinds of firearms, action types, etc... I enjoy shooting, I enjoy collecting, and I enjoy shooting some more...

to quote Steve Lee

I like gun
    I like the way they look,
    the shiny steel and the polished wood
    I don't care if they big or small
    if they for sale I want 'em all
    I like guns

YouTube - I Like Guns - Steve Lee
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone

I know this is off topic but the above statement while good for VT is not really good at all, without a permit a VT resident cannot travel to other states, for example my FLA license is good in at least 33 other states where I can visit and carry concealed, VT residents because there is no permitting cannot do this.

Your correct but I have non-resident permits that allow me to carry in over 35 states so it's not a problem. And it's very good for VT because I don't have to pay anyone, fill out paperwork, etc.. to be able to carry. The government is not involved in anyway in your right to carry in this state.

I'll take that any day over having to pay, fill out paperwork, renew, etc...
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

G26 everyday unless clothing issues pop up and then the seecamp picks up the slack and takes over.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I carry my P3at Kel-tec everywhere all the time. Goes on the nitestand only just before my head hits the pillow. My mother-inlaw asked me once why did I always carry it,even in the house. I just asked her when does a home invasion happen? Could she give the exact time or date when it would happen? She smiled and said she understood my point and was glad I did carry it so my wife, kids and her were better protected.
    Somedays I have my S&W 64 on my side but the Kel-tec is always in my pocket.

Like many who have responded here, I have many guns. Typically, I prefer to carry my Glock 19. If I were ever in a bad situation, this is the weapon I would most desire to have on me. Very reliable, decent caliber of ammo (9mm), and holds 15 rounds. I'm also very accurate with it.

However, sometimes it is hard to carry that weapon concealed. So instead I will usually carry my Tauras TCP. It is very small, only holds 6 shots (7 if keep one chambered) and has a smaller .380 round. I actually don't like this gun very much. It is no fun to shoot, and there are several things I don't like about it. But it is VERY easy to conceal. I even have an ankle holster for it so there is no excuse for me to ever go unarmed.

At times when I'm feeling adventurous, I'll even carry my .22LR pistol, a Walther P22.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    The only time I don't carry is when I am at one of the kids school events. Other than that I have at least one gun on me.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

99% of the time, if I can legally have a gun, I have one on me. Whether its a trip to the store, taking out the trash or jogging.
    XD45c, XD9sc, LCP

I have two holsters. One for dress and one for work.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

In the colder months it is the 642 and the warmer months when the shorts come out it is the LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I do have a number of guns in the safe, but a lot of them serve a specific carry niche (PT709 for thin, small, light with more rounds than a snub) and I have some I just enjoy shooting and carry occasionally (i.e. 1911, full size revolvers, Ruger P95, etc.). Some are plinkers or target guns that never get carried.

Mostly, I just enjoy firearms and shooting and I like to have a variety of handguns. I also take a lot of people shooting that want to learn about firearms and I like having a wide variety for people to see, feel, and shoot. Sharing my passion has lead to having several more honest armed citizens in my community...and that's a great thing.
    What BugDude said!
    Although I can't blame OP for likeing your snubbies.
    But variety is good. I don't have "dozens" as OP mentions, not even 1 dozen. Just a couple autos, a couple snubbies and a plinker or two.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Even though my main sidearm is my Sigma. I always carry my little J-frame as a BUG regardless of what my main gun is.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I carry everywhere,everyday SA XD40sc
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

I like having options. The key is, to train for all your options.

I much prefer my P229/.40...I can drive tacks with it; it has a smooth trigger (from shooting thousands of rounds through it); and it just feels "right" in my hand.

However, I occasionally like to carry a single-stack, thus my P239/.40 comes into play. I reserve this for hot weather, depending on where I'm going....very much concealable.

On other days, depending on what I'm wearing, I'll take something smaller--usually church service where I won't wear a sportcoat, and either deep conceal or ankle-carry a Kahr MK9.

Now, the key is training and practicing with each carry method and gun....doesn't bother me in the least. All of the guns operate in a similar manner--point and shoot without any safety manipulation. I just need to practice my access and drawing...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links