Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

This is a discussion on Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would be interested to know how many people actually have a firearm on them all the time. I carry a 642 loaded with 125 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

Do you actually carry an Always/Everything gun?

I would be interested to know how many people actually have a firearm on them all the time. I carry a 642 loaded with 125 GR Nyclads in my pocket all the time. Literally all the time. I take it out at night when I go to bed (night stand) and put it back in my pocket when I get up in the morning. It's always with me. I carry a 640 too sometimes, but that's usually in a belt holster in addition to the 642 in my pocket. These are the only 2 guns I have and the only 2 guns I want. I don't understand the dozens of guns in the gunsafe thing. Plus, I don't think I could carry a heavier gun all the time like I do the 642. I believe the 642/442 configuration is the ultimate carry gun. What are your thoughts?
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

2. Remove Ads

My ultimate carry gun is my G29SF however there are times when I need to go lightweight or deep cover and I rotate between a p3at, LCR in .357, and LC9.

I carry a handgun everywhere I go. I too take it off when I go to bed and put it in the gunvault. My duty weapon is a G23. My off-duty depends on where I go. Lately it's been my G36. But my off-duty rotation is the 27,19,36,17. It used to be my 27 most of the time. The 36 is the most comfortable to carry, but it has limited capacity even w/ the 2 spare mags that I carry. I have been known to take the 17 w/ 1 or 2 mags if the area travelled calls for it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Administrator
    "I believe the 642/442 configuration is the ultimate carry gun. What are your thoughts?"

The ultimate universal carry gun best suited "for everybody" does not exist.
    If there was one ideal universal ultimate carry gun then that would be the only carry gun being manufactured because all other carry gun makers would be out of business.
    Everybody would just want that one ultimate make, model, and configuration.

But, there can be an ultimate carry gun for you and obviously you've found it.

Thankfully we live in America where there are LOTS of various assorted high quality guns being manufactured, imported, and sold - so that everybody can shop around and (hopefully) discover their ideal carry gun.

VIP Member
    I carry all the time. I also carry a 642 quite a lot, but it does spend time outside my pocket when I'm home. I may set it on my desk, where it sits as I type or next to me on the couch when watching tv. I guess my 642, LCP or SP101 are my always/everything gun choices. If I'm going out I may choose something bigger like my G19, XD40sc, or SA Mil-Spec 1911. If two guns is all you want or need that's fine, but I like having all of mine and the many choices they give me... OMO
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I carry a Glock 26 as my every day always carry if I can conceal it with the clothes I have to wear. When I can't carry the 26, the LCP goes in my pocket. Since I bought the LCP I've never gone unarmed when it was legal to be armed.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I carry a G23 all the time, in an HBE Com III. It goes where I go. It is a good all around everything gun for me. It uses a recognized fight stopping caliber, is easily enough concealed and has good capacity. I feel completely comfortable with it out and about.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

i carry my g26 everywhere i use the galco stow and go holster great for on the move i carry it with the 15rd mag and 2 extra 10rd mags in my pockets
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

I don't because sometimes different situations of type of dress call for a different weapon. Sometimes it is easy to conceal a full sized 1911 concealed with how I dress, sometimes the J-frame is more appropriate. On some occasions, I will grab a different weapon for a different reason, or maybe just because I feel like it.

I like having a variety of firearms in my safe. Just like I don't own one screw-driver that works for all screws, I don't have 1 pistol that works for every situation.
    Old School likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I always have a gun on me, or withiin arms reach, when allowed. Otherwise there is one handy to me. What that gun is depends on where I am and what I am doing. when not in a work situation it is a 1911. In a working situation it may be a CW45, CZ82 chambered in 9MM Mak, or a Ruger Security Six snubby.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If I'm up I'm armed. SA XD40 SC.
    poppy37 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    I do not carry a firearm all the time because it is not always legal to do it, but if it is legal I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    I would be interested to know how many people actually have a firearm on them all the time. I carry a 642 loaded with 125 GR Nyclads in my pocket all the time. Literally all the time. I take it out at night when I go to bed (night stand) and put it back in my pocket when I get up in the morning. It's always with me. I carry a 640 too sometimes, but that's usually in a belt holster in addition to the 642 in my pocket. These are the only 2 guns I have and the only 2 guns I want. I don't understand the dozens of guns in the gunsafe thing. Plus, I don't think I could carry a heavier gun all the time like I do the 642. I believe the 642/442 configuration is the ultimate carry gun. What are your thoughts?
    If you some day get other gun then you will understand the "dozens of guns in the gunsafe thing".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I work in a school, so being armed all day, every day is impossible. The first thing I do when arriving home is open the safe and 'arm up'. Not in school...pants on...always a gun on my person or within reach.

Almost always a Glock-36...sometimes around the house, or for quick/close trips, my Ruger SP101.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have settled on two carry systems that work for me. At work, tucked in and dressed professional, S&W 642 in a smart carry with 2 speed loaders. For being 100% concealed 100% of the time, that's the one that works for me. And comfortable, too. Off work, untucked, G27 in a low ride AIWB with a spare mag. Always have one or the other. Outside the house, I always also have a kimber pepper blaster and a tactical folder.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Any time I leave the house, my 642 is in my pocket. At home I normally have my 640 close by. The 640 has Glow-On on the rear and front sights and it is my bedside pistol, along with a Mossberg 500A. I charge the Glow-on each night by lamp and the glow lasts all night.

I retired my Glock 23 to the gun safe when I found myself leaving the house without it because of hot weather clothing changes. The 642 is now my primary EDC and I don't leave home without it. I have a COM Safe in my trunk for those times I am not legally allowed to be armed.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links