MPA Protector

This is a discussion on MPA Protector within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for feedback, reviews, range reports and purchase information on the New MPA Protector in 380 acp. https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=39 If you have one, can ...

Thread: MPA Protector

MPA Protector

I am looking for feedback, reviews, range reports and purchase information on the New MPA Protector in 380 acp.

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=39

If you have one, can you tell how it has performed? Is it reliable? Also, most of my local shops have never heard of it, so can you also advise where you purchased it? Any info, such as this, would be appreciated!!

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I did have one, it had the wrong recoil spring in and MPA sent me the right one, I put 100 rounds or so through it to determine the problem, it took two calls and about 3 week for MPA to finally ship a spring, It was obvious the new springs were 1/2" longer, it seem to cure the problem of ejecting live rounds with the empty rounds.

The pistol jerk on recoil so bad that I could not tolerate it, it would bite the trigger finger so bad it would be bleeding within 2-3 rounds.

I got rid of the MPA it was not for me, it seemed to be well machined and built, I do not like the magazine release impossible to reload in a hurry.

Ill take the LCP any day over the MPA.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Mpa easier to hide than the Lcp I have both. Cut my trigger finger once but have installed the rev b kit. I like mine the only ammo I had a problem with was Winchester 88 grain hollow points. They seemed to hold down in the clip as I put more in I could actually press the third round down and they would stay down as if the casing was too fat. They fired ok but was concerned with the way they loaded. I like mine it was purchased in mechanicsburg pa. At Acris gun shop. A little over 200 rounds so far goes bang every time.

Links