Is the Glock 36 reliable? - Page 3

Is the Glock 36 reliable?

This is a discussion on Is the Glock 36 reliable? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pointblank The common issue in all short-barreled .45 ACPs is the lack of the usual slide mass used to control recoil. This ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is the Glock 36 reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    The common issue in all short-barreled .45 ACPs is the lack of the usual slide mass used to control recoil. This is offset by a good strong spring, so the spring is critical. You have to change the spring every so often to assure reliability because it really takes a beating in these small .45 pistols. If you do that and keep it clean it should be fine.
    Which spring are ypu talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Question for those who EDC G36, what IWB holster works best for you?
    I'd recommend this one of Don Hume. Had it 2 years now, still same hold in the leather, draws well. $30. I have several pricey holsters for other guns. This one works for the 36 just as well as the expensive others for different guns.

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=35

Keep a firm wrist on the 36, little 45s need it. Great gun - perfect carry-45.

I carry mine BTB - between the belt and pants. Ciip the holster to the belt like in IWB but keep it in front of the pants. Has the advantage of OWB in being outside of pants, but like iWB is held tightly in towards the body so weight doesn't just hang from one point like OWB but disburses weight around the waist. With shorter barreled guns conceals fine under vest, long shirt, sport coat etc. I use it and all carry-guns with Perry's Suspenders, a dream for concealed carry. They clip on to the belt itself, no clips, can be taken off in 5 seconds and make any gun feel half the weight. Highly recommended. Only online, about $16.

Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

I have used a IWB from Black Hills Leather for about 7 years and it works great. Rudy is located in Laredo, Texas.

It's been 100% reliable, more than I can say about my Kimber Ultra carry II. I bought the G36 after having too many malfunctions with the Kimber.

VIP Member
    As soon as my Ultra screws up I will get a G30 or G36. They would be my first choices for perfection. I sit a lot writing, so 3:30-4:00 with a lot of cant is most comfortable IWB with an MTAC or Crossbreed after they're well broken in.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Don Hume - H 715. For $30 can't beat it. Holds gun well, light, gun draws really nice, I've had it 2+ years, retains its shape fine:

LINK:
    H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $30.20 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

I have about 800 rounds thru mine. The only issue was the mags would not drop free. a little sanding of the mold marks on the mags and everything has been flawless. Very happy with the G36. I also have 2 G30SF's and 2 G21SF's. All have functioned flawless. Only one issue - the spring on slide lock of one of the 21's broke so I relaced the slide lock lever.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

It's a Glock, it's good to go!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I'm looking at getting one on Saturday from the gun show.
    Anything I should look out for to avoid scammers?

What is a reasonable price to pay for one (new or used)? The LGS has them for $570, but I thought that was kinda high.

Really like my G36. Very accurate gun and fits my hand perfectly.
    I've had a few FTF's, but I think that was from limp wristing. Last weekend,
    I had one when I was shooting one handed.
    I'm waiting on a cross breed for this gun and can't wait to start carrying it.

hamlet, Don Hume Leathergoods holsters are top notch . I have a 001 front pocket holster for my P3AT and works great. I bought a H715-M for it also and I have problems with the holster coming with the gun on the draw, I don't like that one. Do you have this problem with your G36? I bought a H715-M.S.O. for a Colt Officers (same holster but with belt straps) I trust it more to make sure the holster stays on the belt. It's only $35.65

Carry pistols 011.jpg
    Black Hills Leather IWB Pro.

Went to the gun show today and went home with a G36. Got it for $425 with 2 mags (was $405 but got scammed $20 on change :/).
    Still a great deal. Went and shot it and glad I got one! Gun kicks like a mule though, haha.

I almost bought a 36 at a shop/range until I made the mistake of shooting a 39. I really like the 39 but have been unable to find one for sale around here (I like to buy guns I can handle instead of online). If I can't eventually find one I will go ahead a pick up a 36.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Absolutely love the UBG Striker for my Glock 36. got a canute for the 26 and its is equally thought of. Great quality and great service at a fair price...2-4 week turnaround time too. Google UBG holsters and I doubt you'll find a bad review. My go-to-guy for all my holster needs now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links