Is the Glock 36 reliable? - Page 4

Is the Glock 36 reliable?

This is a discussion on Is the Glock 36 reliable? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by searcher 45 Question for those who EDC G36, what IWB holster works best for you? The best IWB holster I have (and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is the Glock 36 reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Question for those who EDC G36, what IWB holster works best for you?
    The best IWB holster I have (and I do have several) is PJ Holster kydex. It's so thin and light it's like sticking the gun in your belt without anything! PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters.

Good experience with G36 reliability

I've had a G36 for about 6 months, bought it used, and have put about 500 rounds through it. I already had two other Glocks and had a good opinion of the brand's reliability. The G36 has functioned perfectly for me, and I trust it for carry. I use the Kramer belt scabbard holster shown below:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I've had a Glock 36 for a couple of years...I've put a couple hundred rounds through it and never carry it. Never take it to the range anymore either. I need to trade it in on another 1911 or something. It is a good shooter, no issues, I just prefer my XD40sc.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Come on now, its a Glock and a .45........whats not to like. Like all Glocks its a very reliable handgun and potent firepower.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I would actually trade it in on a Glock 19 or 23. I'd likely carry and use either one of those more than I do the 36. The 36 is indeed a nice gun...it just doesn't offer anything over my other similar sized carry gun, XD40sc.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Even though this thread's pretty old, I'll bite.

I EDC the 36 and shoot it in IDPA as well. My guess would be around 1-2k rounds without a single issue. It has been very accurate and I'm very happy with it. I carry it in a Comp-Tac Infidel.

This is one of 3 pistols that I've shot that I've actually liked the trigger right out of the box. The other 2 being the XDs and my TRP. Everything else I have has had the trigger worked through.

Oh, and like all factory Glocks, the sights suck. I went with the TruGlo TFOs.

As jonny4523 noted this is an old thread but since it was created, I purchased a 36 that I was as an EDC. It has been totally reliable (over 500 rounds). No regret with my purchase.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have a 1st-year-production G36 and it's my EDC gun.
    It always feeds and goes BANG! every, single time or I wouldn't stake my life on it.
    Two points I've noticed over the years:
    1) Proper grip is very important. I've shot thousands of rounds thru it without any jams but it's not unusual when I hand it to a less experienced shooter to see it jam almost immediately. I cannot explain it ... I can only report what I've seen repeatedly.
    2) The G36 does not like wimp loads. I reload and always load full-house loads in it.
    I'm in the process of probably buying an M&P Shield 9mm, an absolutely terrific single-stack carry pistol that I have fallen in love with.
    But I'm keeping my G36 ... forever.
    Mdauben likes this.

MJK
    I e put over 3000 rounds through mine and have t yet experienced a failure. It is reliable.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

The 36 is less forgiving of limp wristing compared to other Glocks. IMO the 36 isn't much easier or more comfortable to conceal compared to Glocks 19, 22 or 30S. All these Glocks have a lot more capacity. The G36 does benefit from a slimmer grip which can really make a difference for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been over the years...feeds everything but LSWC....but I have a Ruger P97 that will handle them..

My agency acquired G36's 5 years ago for some of our plain clothes folks. About 10 of them were assigned to my unit. 2.5 years ago I was promoted and commanded all the people who carried them; about 25 total. About a year ago, they all suddenly started to experience failures to feed and extract; round count was in the neighborhood of 1500 rounds. We were very happy with them up to that point. They were very comfortable to shoot and carry, and they were very accurate and reliable. It was like a switch had been flipped. Glock came out and assisted with trying to find the problem. Being an armorer, I worked with them closely. We tried everything to remedy them problem; changed every part in the firearm one at a time as well as the mags. Nothing helped until we changed the barrel. I looked at the barrel and slide in comparison and it appeared that the slide and barrel had created some abnormal wear between the two. Inevitably, Glock took back every sidearm and mag and replaced them free of charge with G30 SF's at our request. We probably got a bad lot; all were successive serial numbers since we purchased them in bulk as an agency. Glock treated us respectfully and properly. Still, it was rather frustrating.

the problems that i have seen with the g36 has been limp wristing and hp ammo. more on the limp wristing, some on hp ammo. when 230 gr fmj ball ammo used no problems. but the bigest problem is the limp wristing.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I've never had a problem with mine but I'd stay away from the pierce add on.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    the problems that i have seen with the g36 has been limp wristing and hp ammo.
    I've only had my 36 for about a year but I've had no problems with JHP ammo. It eats anything I've put in it to date.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4 far, far away...
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links