My new G33

This is a discussion on My new G33 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is my new CCW. I've had my G22 for 11 years and just got my permit to carry this year. My G22 works good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new G33

My new G33

This is my new CCW. I've had my G22 for 11 years and just got my permit to carry this year. My G22 works good concealed IWB with a comp tack c tack holster. But that's with jeans, undershirt and another shirt untucked. I wanted something small that I can put in my pocket with a pocket holster. It had to be a Glock and it had to have more punch than a 9mm. Didn't want .45 and I already have a .40. I've always wanted to try the .357 SIG. So I went with the G33. From what I've read, its the most powerful out of the sub compact Glocks. And the .357 SIG is supposed to perform well out of a short barrel.

Everyone has the perfect CCW for them, this just happens to be the one for me. I'm going to CCW the G33 in the summer and the G22 in the winter. I did get the 2+ mag extension so now I have two 11 round mags and a place for my pinky finger. It's home is a Don Hume pocket holster. This combo fits in my pocket perfectly, don't even really notice it.

While doing research, I found that .357 SIG ammo was hard to find and expensive. I looked around town and bought some 124 grain Speer Gold Dot .357 SIG for $24. I had just bought some 135 grain Corbon .40 for $32. On line, I ordered some .357 SIG FMJ target ammo, $18 for 50. I pay $20 for 50 .40 at Walmart. Not bad price at all for the .357 SIG.

The only thing I have left to do is get the Truglo TFO sights.

2. Remove Ads

Nice combo! You must have some HUGE pockets!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Nope, normal pockets. My G22 without the light and no holster also fits in my pocket but that's not real practical or smart. The G33 is the same size as the G26. Glock calls it their "pocket rocket".

[QUOTE=Aaron1100us;1932349]...I'm going to CCW the G33 in the summer and the G22 in the winter. QUOTE]

Great choice. I'm not a fan of the extensions, they tend to eliminate one of the subcompacts best assets; the short grip. Mine as well be carrying the G32/G23 with those extensions - they make the grip basically the same size. Not sure if you know about it but CHeck out the GAP floor plates, they give your pinky a comfy place to rest and really help control while retaining that concealability of the short grip.

Also, if I were you I would get a 40sw barrel for the G33 and carry that in the summer, for the larger bore - then in the winter, I would drop the 357sig barrel back in becuase the 357sig seems to be a better penetrator and I don't know where you live but there probably will be more layers in the winter, god forbid,

Just a few thoughts, congrats and again great choice!

VIP Member
    Nice firearm, but a pocket gun it's not.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Congrats on the new Glock...never hurts to have another Glock.
    Would love a pic of your pocket carry...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Congrats on the G-33; that is a nice combo . Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post

I've always wanted to try the .357 SIG. So I went with the G33. From what I've read, its the most powerful out of the sub compact Glocks.
    Perhaps you forgot to look at the 10mm G-29

I did get the 2+ mag extension so now I have two 11 round mags and a place for my pinky finger. It's home is a Don Hume pocket holster. This combo fits in my pocket perfectly, don't even really notice it.
    If your pockets are not huge then you must wear oversized pants or do not care at all about how much you print. I do not think I would like to pocket carry a G-33, even less with a +2 mag extension.

Nope, normal pockets. My G22 without the light and no holster also fits in my pocket but that's not real practical or smart. The G33 is the same size as the G26. Glock calls it their "pocket rocket".
    The full size G-22 fits in your pocket and you say that you do have not huge pockets?! Regardless of what Glock calls the G-33 and the G26, I do think they are pocket pistols.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    Great choice. I'm not a fan of the extensions, they tend to eliminate one of the subcompacts best assets; the short grip. Mine as well be carrying the G32/G23 with those extensions - they make the grip basically the same size. .
    I agree. If I was going to add a +2 extension to the G-33 I would rather have gotten the G-32, which is on only .56" longer.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the new Glock...never hurts to have another Glock.
    Would love a pic of your pocket carry...
    I would love it too

It's always good to have a subcompact Glock, no matter how you carry it.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Normal jeans, size 38. Trust me, no one can tell what it is. Glock doesn't call it their pocket rocket for no reason. This is in the Don Hume pocket holster. Even if it does print, that is not illegal in Iowa.

That isn't a Glock in a pocket without a holster...is it?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Normal jeans, size 38. Trust me, no one can tell what it is. Glock doesn't call it their pocket rocket for no reason. This is in the Don Hume pocket holster. Even if it does print, that is not illegal in Iowa.

-- Picture --

-- Picture --
    I think it depends on how we define "fit". If you do not mind looking like that then you are right, you can pocket carry it; I would never do it. Furthermore, I doubt you would be able to easily draw the firearm in a high stress situation.

Glock doesn't call it their pocket rocket for no reason.
    Well, in that case it means that you are carrying a rocket and not a pistol . Because if Glock says it then it must be true

Ok, this may not be as good as I thought. But I had no way of knowing until I got the G33 and Don Hume Pocket holster.

Are there any other better suggestions for carry with this? Basically, I want to be able to conceal it wearing shorts and a tucked in shirt. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

GM
    Ok, this may not be as good as I thought. But I had no way of knowing until I got the G33 and Don Hume Pocket holster.

Are there any other better suggestions for carry with this? Basically, I want to be able to conceal it wearing shorts and a tucked in shirt. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
    If I was you I would look at a good tuckable IWB holster, a custom one; try to get one that is slim. You have to remember that a G-33 is not a very slim firearm. Everybody is different, so what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. I am not a Glock person; you have to try and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Hey if you can pocket carry that Glock...go for it. Have you thought about a Remora holster? Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster. I have one for my G27. I can tuck with it. I think they may be making a Remora now just for tucking.

Or how bout a Smartcarry? Im sure you can tuck with it. SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links