Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy Shooting a sig makes a great argument for not owning one. Funny, I think the same thing about glocks and rugers....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Shooting a sig makes a great argument for not owning one.
    Funny, I think the same thing about glocks and rugers.
    sigmanluke likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Seems to me that the reviewer just bought his Sig and was trying to convince himself that he bought a better gun. better? Given that the trigger is the "key" element that you manipulate, I would say the Kahr would win hands down.
    I think he's trying to convince himself and others that the Sig is a better gun.
    I'm just sayin'.
    I thought he was very OBJECTIVE.

AND he DID give the KAHR a WIN in several important categories .

Maybe we watched different videos........
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Funny, I think the same thing about glocks and rugers.
    I remember my first weapon too. Lol

I found it interesting. Some of it personal preference, some issues not really important. Seemed like he liked most of the things on the Kahr better (trigger, controls, barrel), slides close, frame finish and grip angle not a biggy, guide rod and spring assembly I don't like the plastic of the Kahr either. The slide rails and hammer were the two big things for him. The hammer is just a preference thing. I would prefer metal slide rails, but my Ruger P95 has poly slide rails and that thing is a tank of a gun. So who knows...buy the one you like best and fire it enough to be confident in it.

I looked at his collection and he has some nice stuff!!!!!!!! My stuff isn't near that nice. I don't buy fancy purdy, although I appreciate it when I see it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Actually, he owns about 50 handguns. He shoots a couple of times every week. So he is hardly a novice.

Here is a photo of his original safe:

And here is a photo of the second safe that he bought so he could store his ever increasing collection:

Here is a web page showing his entire handgun collection:

Handgun collection pictures by PlayboyPenguin - Photobucket

I wonder how many thousands of dollars worth guns are in those $300 safes? Good luck with that.

Ok, probably a little more than that. I haven't priced a safe in a while.

why is everyone bashing?

i thought i read some where that even if all the plastic rails on a kahr were gone the gun would still cycle without any issue. can someone confirm that?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I'll still take my Ruger LC9 over those two. But guns are as personal as shoes. Some fit great for one and not for another. As long as they fit you right and function properly, that's all that matters.
    Can you explain why?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    You must have overlooked the fact that he said that he was retiring his PM40, and said that he was going to switch to carrying the P290 instead.

In this photo he shows how he carries concealed. His other passion besides guns is cartoons. Here he is standing in front of his extensive collection of Walt Disney figures:

Is it just me or is he waiting for the flood? Those pants are from 1955
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Well, if the flood comes, he'll be prepared.

Administrator
    Sometimes ya'll are like a bunch of Betty's sitting around the table drinking tea and gossiping about the neighbors.
    Thumper and sigmanluke like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post

Is it just me or is he waiting for the flood? Those pants are from 1955

Actually, I just checked, and discovered that he has a second glass display cabinet filled with Walt Disney cartoon figurines. So he has quite a collection of them.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sometimes ya'll are like a bunch of Betty's sitting around the table drinking tea and gossiping about the neighbors.
    I can't believe I read every post... not much on TV tonight.

Well, I certainly can't say he uses boring colors for his wall colors.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Seems to me that the reviewer just bought his Sig and was trying to convince himself that he bought a better gun. Frankly there was seam on the rear of the Sig, running right up the center of the back which he completely overlooked. I also think that the trigger on the Kahr is far more important than the fine finish details he boasts about on the Sig. He didn't mention at all he metal rails in the front dust cover area of the Kahr which the slide also rides on.

When you take the guns out to the range to shoot them, which one is going to shoot better? Given that the trigger is the "key" element that you manipulate, I would say the Kahr would win hands down.

I think he's trying to convince himself and others that the Sig is a better gun.

I'm just sayin'.

This. I am still waiting for the argument that makes the P290 better. All I heard was that user preferred the comsetics/personal feel of the Sig.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Well made comparison video. Thanks for sharing but I wouldn't agree with much... but it'a all opinion and preferences anyway. I recall the first time time I picked up a Sig P290, expecting Kahr like weight and was surprised at the heaviness of the Sig. My thought was "OMG, this thing feels like my HK!". I had high hopes for the Sig because I prefer a hammer to a striker, but the weight was too much negative. For the same weight I can carry a Kahr TP9.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links