Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9 - Page 3

Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The thing he liked about the Sig (more metal for the rails) demonstrates both engineering and materials ignorance....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Great Video that Makes a Good Argument for Choosing the Sig P290 over the Kahr PM9

The thing he liked about the Sig (more metal for the rails) demonstrates both engineering and materials ignorance.
    mr surveyor likes this.

If ypu havent handled the 290, you arent missing much. Its a miniaturized version of a 250 which is a POS to begin with. There was one piece of good there (the trigger), however, yet they decided NOT to bring it over and incorporate a trigger that is heavier and grittier than not only other Sigs, but the Kahr, Keltec, Ruger, even the Taurus competition. Only thing I can see good in this heavy, ill-conceived paperweight is night sights. They cant ride on their name forever
    Rant off.

All of that and not a single round fired... Who would choose a carry gun based only on appearances. I prefer to pick a carry gun after time on the range with more than just static shooting from a bench.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    If ypu havent handled the 290, you arent missing much. Its a miniaturized version of a 250 which is a POS to begin with. There was one piece of good there (the trigger), however, yet they decided NOT to bring it over and incorporate a trigger that is heavier and grittier than not only other Sigs, but the Kahr, Keltec, Ruger, even the Taurus competition. Only thing I can see good in this heavy, ill-conceived paperweight is night sights. They cant ride on their name forever
    Rant off.

I very often carry a 23 ounce J frame .38 special - the P290 9mm is 20 ounces and slightly smaller in size.

If you think guns like these are too heavy for their caliber you must have very little actual shooting experience....
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by philbo View Post
    All of that and not a single round fired... Who would choose a carry gun based only on appearances.
    Sig fan boys.

I didn't think you could carry a gun on the "short buss."

Its a plastic gun for Pete sake, not a "Cinderella" figurine.
    Sorry, but he's a moron.

How in the world can a pistol so small and full of polymer weigh a relatively heavy 20.5 oz unloaded?

I joined this Forum due to all the good info I found here......and then I read this thread! It's sure easy to bash and ridicule some one in print, isn't it! I thought the idea of this forum was to share info and help each other out! Maybe I was Mistaken!!
    sigmanluke likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    I joined this Forum due to all the good info I found here......and then I read this thread! It's sure easy to bash and ridicule some one in print, isn't it! I thought the idea of this forum was to share info and help each other out! Maybe I was Mistaken!!

Welcome to the internet. Wear a helmet.

I hear ya! I have to deal with it every day in both my businesses but "that don't make it right!"
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links