Solo came back.....

Solo came back.....

This is a discussion on Solo came back..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 5 weeks at Kimber CS, I finally got my Solo back. They replaced the mag catch, re finished the inside of dust cover and ...

Solo came back.....

After 5 weeks at Kimber CS, I finally got my Solo back. They replaced the mag catch, re finished the inside of dust cover and said it was according to specs.

Going to take it the the range today if it doesn't rain. I never had any FTF or FTE with it before, but the catch was hard to engage. Will test it and post a report. I probably would not put up with the issue, but I like the gun so well. I shoots like a champ and conceals like it's not around.

Here are some pics with the Rohrbaugh...there is not enough size difference between these two to make a whit of difference, for me.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Let me/us in on the reason you would spend so much for a Rohrbaugh ! Are they really that much better than, say, an LC9, etc...? I'm really interested because, when my mind goes crazy over guns( as it does sometimes!), I have even thought about getting a Rohrbaugh myself--- after I save and save and save...! Thanks much.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Let me/us in on the reason you would spend so much for a Rohrbaugh ! Are they really that much better than, say, an LC9, etc...? I'm really interested because, when my mind goes crazy over guns( as it does sometimes!), I have even thought about getting a Rohrbaugh myself--- after I save and save and save...! Thanks much.
    Short answer: I like guns...I like high end guns...which usually are more $. Some may say, "well, I would not spend that money, when I can get a yada yada yada.....thats your choice, knock yourself out. I like to own guns that not everyone owns. I sold a Seecamp 380 not because it was not a well made gun, but because for me the recoil was brutal.

Guess it's whatever cranks your tractor.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Great comparison photos!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Let's not forget that the LC9 is what...5 months old? It wasn't always an option. Prior to the PF9, LC9, and Solo the only two viable options in a micro 9mm were the PM9/MK9 and the R9

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

The R9 is still the smallest 9mm out there, though it does not take +P ammo, nor does it lock the slide open when empty.

The PM9/CM9 is slightly larger than the R9, but they will take + P and do lock open. The new DB9 is pretty close if I recall the specs properly, but it also won't take + P.

The LC9 and PF9 are slightly larger still - too large to be true pocket pistols in most cases.

Hope your Solo works out for you!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

imthduke: I get it. Good shooting!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Thanks for posting, I think I am going to trade my newish Kahr P380 for the Solo.

Links