AMT backup .45 acp - Page 2

AMT backup .45 acp

This is a discussion on AMT backup .45 acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PDKER89 well then the must have re serialized it as well {I have a number less then 90} Sounds like they're manufacturing ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AMT backup .45 acp

los
    Quote Originally Posted by PDKER89 View Post
    well then the must have re serialized it as well {I have a number less then 90}
    Sounds like they're manufacturing frames. It'd be nice if HS would do away with the FPSB.

What are your issues?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BOUGHT IT! It had a dl prefix and looks like it was barely used. Will range fire it tomorrow. Buying a golf glove first. It's quite similar to my mpa .380 with the grooved sight. No box or extra mag. But at 325.00 I can't complain. I always wanted this gun

los
    Congrats, Sailor.! You did good.

Do you know how to field strip it..? It's a very simple process.

VIP Member
    If I didn't have a PM40, the 45BU would be my BUG. I regret parting with my IAI 380BU. Heck I regret parting with any gun.

Field stripping should be done before skinnydipping.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Yes saw video on you tube for field stripping it. it's quite easy. Will let every one know how it goes.will shoot Rem. 230 gr full metal and rem. 185 gr golden sabers. Asked for cordon power ball when Ibought the gun they gave me corbon 230gr+p jhp will this be ok to use? Not a fan of +p ammo in something this small.didn't notice till I got home.

los
    Fire as much 230 ball as you can. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on the Lack of recoil.

Will not get to the range until this afternoon if it does not rain. The boss has my chores lined up for me. Just got done cutting the grass and cooling down. Will post results this evening.

Just got back from the range. 50 rounds remington 230 ball,12rounds Remington golden sabers 185 jhp, 12rounds corbon + p 230 jhp all fired and ejected perfectly. Recoil not excessive nice grouping slow and rapid fire. Only fault I caught four ejected casings on top of my head. My new carry piece for sure. I'm beginning to think that the only people voicing their opinions are the people that have the firing pin safety block. Hey Los might be time for an amt backup site at mouse guns you' make a great moderator. Will keep you posted of future firings.

los
    Fantastic ,..and Congrats!

I'm really glad to hear that you had a great time at the Range with your BU45. It's an incredibly tiny 45 pistol, for sure.

Post a few photos of it when you get a chance.

Will post in a few days. My I pad doesn't have a camera and my wife's new Mac notebook is not compatible with our camera. I found this out after taking some pics.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    Will post in a few days. My I pad doesn't have a camera and my wife's new Mac notebook is not compatible with our camera. I found this out after taking some pics.
    Man, I hate new technology.

Just take a polaroid shot of it and scan it to your hard drive. Use the forum's app to insert the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    Just got back from the range. 50 rounds remington 230 ball,12rounds Remington golden sabers 185 jhp, 12rounds corbon + p 230 jhp all fired and ejected perfectly. Recoil not excessive nice grouping slow and rapid fire. Only fault I caught four ejected casings on top of my head. My new carry piece for sure. I'm beginning to think that the only people voicing their opinions are the people that have the firing pin safety block. Hey Los might be time for an amt backup site at mouse guns you' make a great moderator. Will keep you posted of future firings.
    Congrats... I have one of the DA serial numbers... it has never malfunctioned - at least several hundred rounds.
    Mine is from the days when they marked the stupid "caution" notice on the slide. Half of the slide is covered with text. But it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

Well the DL serial #'s have the same thing patent pending and all the other good stuff written . I kind of like it. Will post pics after the holiday. Taking extended memorial day weekend (sailing on the chesapeake) the gun will have to stay home. Md. Not gun friendly. Sure hope federal bill hb 822 passes soon so our permits will be like our drivers license good in any state that issues permits.

AMT Backup45 - DL series

Just received a near new DL series backup. it is an Irwindale model that looks to have some type firing pin lock (never saw a Galena to compare). Is that an issue with this model? Is it worth eliminating this function? The firing pin stop is just loose in the slide and would be easily removed. Can I just take it out and leave it out? Do I need to remover it's counterpart next to the hammer (it would take a spacer or grinding off its tangs and leave it there)?

I now have 3 of these little guys (2 DA & 1 DL models). All have what I would call very loose slide to frame. Any know what the tolerance is. Worth trying to somehow tighten up? Other than closer than 15' or so my shots are nothing like those posted by Los.

Marino

New to the Forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    WHEC, THANKS for the reference.

Sailor,

It's my understanding that HS is basically selling old stock Galena Industries made [large bore] Back Ups. The Galena Back Up was designed and manufactured with a firing pin safety block that was plagued with issues. There was a propensity for the firing pin to contact the safety block after hammer strike, which led to light primer strikes and many broken firing pins.

You may want to call HS and ask if their Back Ups come with the safety block.

I own an original AMT Back Up 45 [ no firing pin safety block] that has been extremely reliable. It even rapid fire feeds 185 gr. wadcutter loads without issue.

To date, the Back Up 45 remains the smallest 45 ACP semi-automatic pistol ever made.

Hey loc,

Just wondering, what is the specific model of the one you are holding in the pic? I'm just getting into the AMT Backup's from a suggestion from one of my retired cop friends. I generally carry a Glock G27. Love it!! But he suggested the AMT Backup .45. So I'm trying to find one that is aesthetically pleasing, like the one in the pic you are holding in your hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links