AMT backup .45 acp

This is a discussion on AMT backup .45 acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mousetrap I am now looking at a amt 45 with serial #DL 226XX is this # in the ballpark with a good ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AMT backup .45 acp

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrap View Post
    I am now looking at a amt 45 with serial #DL 226XX is this # in the ballpark with a good working amt?

I'm not familiar with the serial numbers.

But I will say that mine was the absolute biggest FTE FTF POS gun that I ever bought. I stuck it in a safe and forgot about it for many years, then finally got it out, stripped it down and did a detailed 'fluff & buff'. Since then, it has never jammed once. Fires every time. Slide action is smooth as butter. I would kinda count on doing a 'fluff & buff' to yours too, then I can almost assure that you'll be happy.

Oh, btw, I run this gun with FMJ ammo only.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the info. I hope its still in the shop in order to take a closer look and maybe make a offer. Mousetrap

Hey Guys , I am still looking for a reply for info on a serial number of a AMT .45 serial # DL 226xx . Is los ( the Guru of the AMT ) around the forum? Being new to the forum I have tried searching for info as best as I could but with no results . The info that los suggests on the AMT would really be a help researching the one I'm looking at. Thanks for the help , Mousetrap

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links